British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Apparently Sage experts say the Third Wave is underway and we’ll have 7,000 Covid deaths before September, being about 70 a day over the three months, compared to 1,200 a day in January.

My guess is that Covid deaths will be fewer than 1,500 for the three months, despite “cases rising exponentially”.

• Like 1

After proclaiming last week that rich nations should carry on vaccinating the under 30s and children rather than directing supplies to Third World countries, the hypocrite Devi Sridhar now says this:

“As life slowly gets back to normal in Britain & the US with vaccine rollout, too easy to forget that pandemic is causing massive health & economic problems. African countries now being hit badly with combination of alpha & delta variants. They need support, oxygen & vaccines.”

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Guardian claiming that the Delta variant causes double the hospitalisations.

And yet totals in hospital have gone from a low of 869 two weeks ago to only 1,089 now, despite the Delta variant being with us since February!

If it’s causing daily hospitalisations to double it’s pretty clear that it’s only for short stays, with people coming out quickly after treatment, as average daily deaths have remained below 12 for the last five weeks.

Of course none of the media highlights this.  :rolleyes:

The media won't ask how many of those people were admitted because of covid or even how many have covid symptoms either.

I'm still going for a two week delay because with everybody expecting four he'll look like the good guy - well they think he will as they are only dealing with the voting plebs.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Vince said:

The media won't ask how many of those people were admitted because of covid or even how many have covid symptoms either.

I'm still going for a two week delay because with everybody expecting four he'll look like the good guy - well they think he will as they are only dealing with the voting plebs.

He might go for 3 weeks, to get the footy out the way, be some party if England win. ;)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You wanted them to take back control and they have

Those of us in the EU are looking very envious at the new gained freedom you voted for !!!!

There was a joke ages ago about refugees crossing the channel heading to France. It’s looking more realistic by the day

Edited by iris123
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You wanted them to take back control and they have

Those of us in the EU are looking very envious at the new gained freedom you voted for !!!!

There was a joke ages ago about refugees crossing the channel heading to France. It’s looking more realistic by the day

Presumably because of the fantastic Macron who makes even Boris look good!

And never mind that the refugees are all still heading in this direction daily.

Brexit or not would not have made the slightest difference to the way they handled this, except of course for the vaccines where they are well in front of the EU.

In case anyone has a short memory...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Like flu, peak hayfever season is now a thing of the past and is now convid...:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Like flu, peak hayfever season is now a thing of the past and is now convid...:rolleyes:

How awful!

• Haha 1

A reminder of the facts...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

A reminder of the facts...

Hey Blu...... if that's true (I've no reason to doubt it, but haven't dug) I'm a little surprised..... being a nurse on a covid ward since last May (and since Jan the only Covid ward in my hospital) my mind pointed me to the trifecta of HTN, T2DM and Obesity....... back in December every patient in our ICU was over 100kg......... 

Can you tell me / point me towards more info on Selenium pls...... I'm sad to say I'm quite ignorant on that..........

Cheers

James

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Hey Blu...... if that's true (I've no reason to doubt it, but haven't dug) I'm a little surprised..... being a nurse on a covid ward since last May (and since Jan the only Covid ward in my hospital) my mind pointed me to the trifecta of HTN, T2DM and Obesity....... back in December every patient in our ICU was over 100kg......... 

Can you tell me / point me towards more info on Selenium pls...... I'm sad to say I'm quite ignorant on that..........

Cheers

James

There are many presentations on it, but this video is short and sweet, and full of information. Vitamins and minerals are the wheelhouse of the Naturopathic Doctors, unfortunately GP's have very little or no training in it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53eqdCTMRVw

• Like 2