British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

52 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

My first thought. Saturday nights, Corona limeade, Golden Wonder cheese and onion crisps and Bruce Forsyth's generation gameB)

s-l1600.jpg

That’s exactly what it makes me think of.  I’m with Steve, limeade is best, closely followed by cherryade.  Maybe it’s a way forward.  If they’re going to name storms with human names then viruses could be named with a 70’s retro theme.  ‘The Evil Knieval Virus’,  ‘The Kerplunk Virus’ etc.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kester said:

That’s exactly what it makes me think of.  I’m with Steve, limeade is best, closely followed by cherryade.  Maybe it’s a way forward.  If they’re going to name storms with human names then viruses could be named with a 70’s retro theme.  ‘The Evil Knieval Virus’,  ‘The Kerplunk Virus’ etc.

...trouble is when I mention Corona fizzy pop at work I'm met with blank faces! Showing my age I guess. Always remember the yellow Corona lorry doing the rounds on Saturday afternoons and my grandmother purchasing a couple of bottles.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...trouble is when I mention Corona fizzy pop at work I'm met with blank faces! Showing my age I guess. Always remember the yellow Corona lorry doing the rounds on Saturday afternoons and my grandmother purchasing a couple of bottles.

It used to be 'Waters & Robson' (or something like that) for us before the Corona virus started, was never the same. 

Appleade was a good one too, just like cider ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

Just noticed this is on a bottle i have in the kitchen...

24123440-0-image-a-5_1580468601941.jpg

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Just noticed this is on a bottle i have in the kitchen...

24123440-0-image-a-5_1580468601941.jpg

Does that mean that we have to drink it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Kester said:

We had a bloke at school we called Virus  I can remember his face, I can remember his nick name but I’m blowed if I can remember his name.

It was always Cherryade for me . Sunday afternoon after cycle speedway , covered in dirt, gasping  for a drink, straight in the shop next to the park for a bottle of Cherryade, the days when I could knock down a bottle of sugary drink and not put any weight on !

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

We had a bloke at school we called Virus  I can remember his face, I can remember his nick name but I’m blowed if I can remember his name.

It was always Cherryade for me . Sunday afternoon after cycle speedway , covered in dirt, gasping  for a drink, straight in the shop next to the park for a bottle of Cherryade, the days when I could knock down a bottle of sugary drink and not put any weight on !

I know, it's diet drinks only for me.  I can't live with the guilt if nothing else.  Can I mention of Cream Soda, the drink of kings.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Working within the leisure industry, as I do, I guess that I am on the front line as regards susceptibility in potentially catching the virus despite all the precautions one hears and reads about. However I'm trying to put it into some sort of perspective and not getting wound up by it all.

Steve

Surely only the very brave or incredibly foolish approach a Viking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kester said:

I know, it's diet drinks only for me.  I can't live with the guilt if nothing else.  Can I mention of Cream Soda, the drink of kings.

Oh yes Barrs Cream Soda was my favourite, along with Peardrax, Cariba and um bongo.

Soft drinks don't taste as good these days, probably too used to alcohol!

• Like 1

Big decisons to be made apparently today. It'll be interesting to see what Boris and his team of 'experts' will come up with as regards containing the virus.

Edited by steve roberts