Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

10,000 infected and 20 dead in Germany

Just now, iris123 said:

10,000 infected and 20 dead in Germany

More than that now Iris isn't it?

13,979 Cases
42 Dead

0.3% mortality rate

The dead figure is starting to increase now of course, 14 added today it seems.

Days of the media going on about shutting schools.. gets announced yesterday and the first question to Boris Johnson? "When will schools reopen?" :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

13,979 Cases
42 Dead

0.3% mortality rate

Compared to 4.47% in Spain:

“Spain announced on Thursday its coronavirus deaths had risen by 169 to 767 in the past 24 hours, an increase of 28%. Its number of infected people rose by 3,431, reaching 17,147” (BBC)

13 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

13,979 Cases
42 Dead

0.3% mortality rate

Oh ok. Just read the videotext and yes that figure was given up till midnight last night

Also states that as % of population Hamburg is worst affected !!!

Edited by iris123

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Compared to 4.47% in Spain:

“Spain announced on Thursday its coronavirus deaths had risen by 169 to 767 in the past 24 hours, an increase of 28%. Its number of infected people rose by 3,431, reaching 17,147” (BBC)

Yep, big discrepancies.

Germany's will rise, although it does appear they are testing more of the milder cases as well than other countries.

Also depends a lot on where it breaks out and the demographics in that area.. I think!

Lot's of variables.

37 minutes ago, RedOx69 said:

I would be the last person to quote Corbyn, I detest the man. There is sooo much miss information right now to avoid panic. The deaths will roll in as the virus spreads, just look at the numbers elsewhere. The country was lead down a path and we are now going to have to deal with it. Am I getting over it, yes, but I am in good health and not over the age of sixty.

Per my previous quote, there is no testing going on in hospitals anymore. The testing has all but stopped. They check for other known illnesses, if that doesn't work and then if the symptoms match they determine you have corona but it isnt added to the stats. (My nieces are a doctor and a nurse and they have also confirmed they are no longer testing - London hospitals)

I hope you have locked away yourself (if sick or elderly) and are avoiding elderly friends and relatives. The spread is much larger than we currently believe.

!00% definitely they tested a case and found them positive in Winchester hospital yesterday.

Just now, Vince said:

!00% definitely they tested a case and found them positive in Winchester hospital yesterday.

The testing has all but stopped - For the general public they are only testing by exception and in the most extreme cases. If you don't trust someone that has gone through and is from a medical family, check with your local doctor.

One of my colleagues is on the local council of a small town just north of Hamburg. After the schools were shut one of the councillors noticed about 20 kids with parents in some cases playing on the local playground. So they shut it. Then one or two including my colleague got angry phone calls from parents asking why the playground was closed and what they were supposed to do with their children.....

Edited by iris123

11 minutes ago, RedOx69 said:

The testing has all but stopped - For the general public they are only testing by exception and in the most extreme cases. If you don't trust someone that has gone through and is from a medical family, check with your local doctor.

I'm not going to get in an argument but 'all but stopped' and 'no testing in hospitals' are different things.

I know a nurse involved with the case in Winchester hence the disagreement with your first statement. It's also interesting that the required amount of PPE they wear unless in direct contact with a possible coronavirus case has been reduced this week as well. Whether that is because of a re-assessment of the risk, cost saving or supply problems I have no idea.

If the resources are being used elsewhere rather than testing those at a lower risk from contracting the virus I have no problem with that idea. It does seem crazy to me that they aren't testing front line medical staff on a regular basis but like most I'm no expert so don't know why.

23 minutes ago, Vince said:

I'm not going to get in an argument but 'all but stopped' and 'no testing in hospitals' are different things.

I know a nurse involved with the case in Winchester hence the disagreement with your first statement. It's also interesting that the required amount of PPE they wear unless in direct contact with a possible coronavirus case has been reduced this week as well. Whether that is because of a re-assessment of the risk, cost saving or supply problems I have no idea.

If the resources are being used elsewhere rather than testing those at a lower risk from contracting the virus I have no problem with that idea. It does seem crazy to me that they aren't testing front line medical staff on a regular basis but like most I'm no expert so don't know why.

It seems crazy to the staff as well Vince. Many of us are not impressed with the way this is being handled.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:39 PM, iris123 said:

Lot of conflicting advice. Seems German and Australian experts aren’t convinced there is any truth in it

Seems now the WHO  (not Roger Daltrey's band) are also saying there is no evidence that you should avoid Ibu, unless you already have conditions where you should avoid it......

11 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

It seems crazy to the staff as well Vince. Many of us are not impressed with the way this is being handled.

To be honest apart from that I'm pretty impressed with how things have been done so far.

It seems that the government have actually followed the advice from genuine experts and avoided doing things for popularity on facebook. I suspect though that public pressure is going to change things like the school closures being applied and then I'll be less impressed.

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

We don't know how this will all end up, but am pretty sure that strategies, to deal with this have been being put in place for some time now.

Strategies to deal with a 1918 style flu pandemic ( which killed millions ) were organised by the Government in 2011. The problem with COPID 19 is that it behaves differently to the flu virus, and nobody fully understands it yet. 

• Like 1