British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

" Line of duty " TV

With not a lot to do, i decided to look out my old the detectives DVD`s( Jasper Carrott,Robert Powell and George Sewell) . Hilarious  stuff - had forgotten how funny it was. It`s strange that it`s never on stations like Gold when we have wall to wall Only fools and horses, dads army, hi de hi etc etc. Does anyone else think they were brilliant. ? Hopefully other greats like Reggie Perrin, thin blue line, Steptoe and son, yes minister( and yes prime minister) will get another airing.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

With not a lot to do, i decided to look out my old the detectives DVD`s( Jasper Carrott,Robert Powell and George Sewell) . Hilarious  stuff - had forgotten how funny it was. It`s strange that it`s never on stations like Gold when we have wall to wall Only fools and horses, dads army, hi de hi etc etc. Does anyone else think they were brilliant. ? Hopefully other greats like Reggie Perrin, thin blue line, Steptoe and son, yes minister( and yes prime minister) will get another airing.

Never actually saw it to be honest as I was never a fan of Jasper Carrott.

• Like 1

box sets on the go. we're on morse dvds at the moment.

tinker tailor, smiley''s people and any other lecarre dvds on the bookcase to follow. btw shame the bbc chose not to film 'the honourable schoolboy' [the middle of the smiley trilogy]. IMO his best book.

10 minutes ago, pugwash said:

box sets on the go. we're on morse dvds at the moment.

tinker tailor, smiley''s people and any other lecarre dvds on the bookcase to follow. btw shame the bbc chose not to film 'the honourable schoolboy' [the middle of the smiley trilogy]. IMO his best book.

Just got thru' "Morse"...was never a fan of the follow up series "Lewis" or indeed "Endeavour". Working our way thru' "All Creatures Great and Small" now. Hopefully "Colditz" and "Randall & Hopkirk" to follow both, of which, I haven't seen in years.

Edited by steve roberts

21 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I've got all 5 series of 'The Detectives' on dvd. I love it, my favourite episode was when they were being held hostage and they talked the criminal into watching the fa cup final, while they sent out for beer and quavers!

Jasper Carrott once said of Robert Powell, "he used to be Jesus of Nazareth, now I've brought him down to my level."

You're right about OFAH, as great as it was, they do saturate Gold with it. I did enjoy 'The Thin Blue Line' in particular DI Grim and his hilarious monologues!

I'd definitely recommend The Wire for anyone looking for a good box set . I'm currently watching Deadwood on box set and I'm on episode 4 of newly started Gangs of London on Sky Atlantic, along with reruns of Waking the Dead 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terry said:

I've got all 5 series of 'The Detectives' on dvd. I love it, my favourite episode was when they were being held hostage and they talked the criminal into watching the fa cup final, while they sent out for beer and quavers!

Jasper Carrott once said of Robert Powell, "he used to be Jesus of Nazareth, now I've brought him down to my level."

You're right about OFAH, as great as it was, they do saturate Gold with it. I did enjoy 'The Thin Blue Line' in particular DI Grim and his hilarious monologues!

I watched the episode you mentioned yesterday-so concerned about the match Louis  didn`t realise he had the gun :D

• Haha 2

The Detectives was a funny series and is the sort of program they should be repeating on tv rather than something that was on a couple of months ago.

Have got a dvd set of the London Olympics, will be watching that soon.

Edited by A ORLOV

The Detectives;

Knock knock 

Hello young girl, what's your name

Olivia

I know you live here, but what's your name 

57 minutes ago, bendover said:

The Detectives;

Knock knock 

Hello young girl, what's your name

Olivia

I know you live here, but what's your name 

Awful joke!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Terry said:

did enjoy 'The Thin Blue Line' in particular DI Grim and his hilarious monologues!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I had never watched Line of Duty but at the start of the lockdown watched every single episode/series. Really enjoyed it.

Best police drama ever shown on tv.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DSC67 said:

I'd definitely recommend The Wire for anyone looking for a good box set . I'm currently watching Deadwood on box set and I'm on episode 4 of newly started Gangs of London on Sky Atlantic, along with reruns of Waking the Dead 

Absolutely love The Wire. Probably my favourite series ever. So slow paced and detailed which was quite a change from other stuff at the time.

I'd also agree that Line of Duty is quality, though I thought the last series was a bit far fetched? Love the interview scenes and also spotting the Belfast locations.

• Like 3