Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

" Line of duty " TV

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, salty said:

Judging by Buckells smirk right at the end, you would think there is more to come. 

I'm sure this must have been Jed Mercurio's plan. I reckon the BBC must have told him series 6 would be the last one but he decided it wasn't time to give up his cash cow yet, so he wrote that highly unsatisfactory ending to ensure that fans demand a 7th series. Judging by the meltdown on Twitter last night, the first part of his plan has worked!

Share this post


Link to post

They obviously couldn't come up with an explosive ending, very underwhelming, but seems to be a common theme in TV serials these days... 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

They obviously couldn't come up with an explosive ending, very underwhelming, but seems to be a common theme in TV serials these days... 

I don’t know why the BBC wouldn’t want it to continue with the viewings it is getting . 
 

But if there is a series 7, I do hope it reverts back to the first four series storylines , i.e investigating one bent copper/their team rather than chasing around after “H”. I thought series one was terrific although they have all been very good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Bloody Buckells the Brummie, Mother of God! Underwhelming finale, will there be a 7th?

Edited by auntie doris

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Bloody Buckells the Brummie, Mother of God! Underwhelming finale, will there be a 7th?

Definately.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Underwhelming finale imo, didnt think it would be Buckells and it is still possible there is someone higher up pulling the strings?

Hoping if there is a series 7 that it is based on a completely new storyline from “H” though

Agreed.

Pinning it on the lowest common denominator and someone we already knew to be bent was an underwhelming cop-out.

Share this post


Link to post

Clearly there’s a 7th series in the pipeline. The biggest clue is James Nesbit. Does anyone obviously think Nesbit would just be used as a photograph? 

“James, we have a job for you. Send us a mug shot and a holiday snap when you last went on holiday please. Cheques in the post”.

Hmmm not likely the bodies were Therwell and his wife. Series 7 brings Nesbit into the U.K., or AC12 go Marbella.

As a side I thought it was a very weak ending. Would have been brilliant for a Keyser Suzer ending with Hastings leaving the building, walking down the road and getting into car, with Therwell sitting in the drivers seat. Fade to black…….

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Clearly there’s a 7th series in the pipeline. The biggest clue is James Nesbit. Does anyone obviously think Nesbit would just be used as a photograph? 

“James, we have a job for you. Send us a mug shot and a holiday snap when you last went on holiday please. Cheques in the post”.

Hmmm not likely the bodies were Therwell and his wife. Series 7 brings Nesbit into the U.K., or AC12 go Marbella.

As a side I thought it was a very weak ending. Would have been brilliant for a Keyser Suzer ending with Hastings leaving the building, walking down the road and getting into car, with Therwell sitting in the drivers seat. Fade to black…….

Or a big red herring? 

Share this post


Link to post

most climatic endings of serials that you have invested in will be underwhelming imo.

same was said of game of thrones.

its a bit of a holy grail thing. the actual quest or journey is the important bit. is that the answer to life & everything or is it 42? or or is it a tin cup in a cave somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, salty said:

Definately.

You putting yourself up for the part?  CH!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, salty said:

Definately.

Fact is the whole of Facebook knows it’s spelt “defiantly”.  :D

Share this post


Link to post

Am I the only person not to have watched this?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Am I the only person not to have watched this?

Quite possibly...:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have a feeling they may have filmed two or three different endings. The high ratings secured the dodgy cop out version to lead into another series at some point.

The ending aside, I really enjoyed it, too much rubbish gets too much premium screen time these days. LOD is a decent breath of fresh air.

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Am I the only person not to have watched this?

Even a watched the latest series, cos it was on a Sunday, (good relaxing telly). A found it a bit far fetched, as surely that sort of corruption and cover-ups doesn't really go on in real life, does it? ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy