British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

" Line of duty " TV

On 4/30/2020 at 9:17 PM, DC2 said:

Noooooooooooooo, Nicola Walker is so annoying. She...... a ....... she’s....... a...... always hesitating before saying anything!  :)

She can certainly blub on demand.

On 4/29/2020 at 10:43 PM, waiheke1 said:

Nope.

The Wire. No question imo.

Line of Duty is good, but not close to The Wire.

Would also highly reccomend True Detectives and Luther. 

Seasons 3 and 4 of the Wire are up there with the very best TV ever.. 

The Sopranos just beats it in IMO though.. 

Borgen is coming to Netflix, another excellent series.. 

Anyway, after all the comments about The Detectives, just bought all 5 series for £14.99, thanks for the recommendation all..

Nobody has mentioned so far Police Squad. I found this show to be hilarious except for when the movies were made and we have to watch Nordberg played by O J Simpson.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, packerman said:

Nobody has mentioned so far Police Squad. I found this show to be hilarious except for when the movies were made and we have to watch Nordberg played by O J Simpson.

Leslie "don't call me Shirley" Nielsen was brilliant as Detective Frank Drebin. Shame they only made 6 episodes.

You're right about Simpson, but the delectable Priscilla Presley more than compensated!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Terry said:

Leslie "don't call me Shirley" Nielsen was brilliant as Detective Frank Drebin. Shame they only made 6 episodes.

You're right about Simpson, but the delectable Priscilla Presley more than compensated!

Personally couldn't stand Leslie Nielsen...should have gone down with the SS Poseiden!

Shows watched during lockdown.

Luther S5,  Whitechapel and a couple which aren't detective shows, The Fixer and Quarry.

1 hour ago, packerman said:

Agreed. The one where they went under cover in the key bar was my favourite. Nordberg on the polishing wheel getting all the keys stuck to the ceiling, then them all falling down when someone slammed the door. I don't know why but that just cracked me up. Still makes me smile just thinking about it.

I don't normally like American comedy but Police squad & the Airplane films I loved. 

• Haha 1

Gangs of London on Sky Atlantic,  brutal and quite gory but bloody good so far. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Just watched the first two episodes - as you say it's brutal, but brilliant.

Not for the squeamish!

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Should we accept shows that glorify and stylise violence and its perpetrators like this one and Peaky Blinders?

The very same people that watch them complain about crime on our streets!

And will some villains not try to emulate what they see on TV?

• Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 8:38 PM, Sidney the robin said:

Would advise anyone to give Blood a try on Channel five/ Netflix, Adrian Dunbar superb in Line of duty he is awesome in this to.

Is blood series one on netflix ? Cant see it !

35 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

It’s on Channel 5 catch up.

I’d give it 6 out of 10.

Just watched the first series of The Wire.

I’d give that 9 out of 10.

You need to be able to get over the swearing in the first couple of episodes, because they seem to write it out of the dialogue after that (or it’s background noise), and pick up the drug dealer, black American slang which again becomes easier. 

There’s one five minute crime investigation scene where the only words are “f*ck” and “motherf*cker” but it’s actually both funny and ingenious. In fact, one of the best written and acted TV scenes ever!

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

Definitely need the subtitles on for The Wire.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Sorry Geoff Channel five , well worth a watch Dunbar again excellent.