British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

BLM Uk protest marches

4 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Well having watched that & read a bit more about it it seems nobody involved covered themselves in glory.

Apparently the initial stop was to do with a missing licence plate. After initially being directed to stop though the driver continued for nearly a mile before eventually stopping hence the aggressive stance of the officers. He later explains that he wanted to stop somewhere better lit, but from the police point of view he has failed to stop, they have no idea who's in the vehicle, if they're armed,what their motives are or if they're likely to drive off again so hence order to get out of the car. Even then, if he'd done as he was asked it would have panned out different. Even the most aggressive officer tells him "you're making this a lot harder than it needs to be" and the other one is urging him to get out of the car & talk to them but he just sits there repeating "what's going on?" and refusing the officers orders. You would have thought as a military man he would have took a more disciplined stance.

On the other hand, at the point when he eventually said that he was afraid to get out of the car I don't think "yeah you should be" was the correct response even accepting that he is angry at someone continually refusing to obey his orders. Again though, it's a situation that could easily have been avoided by just following police instructions who are doing their job rather than refusing to comply. Suggesting that it would have been any different if the driver was white is purely conjecture. From what I saw, the police had no idea who was in the car and their initial aggression was because of a failure to stop.

Update......

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/caron-nazario-officer-fired/index.html

I was quite enjoying a reasonable few posts here until Phil comes along with the usual Littlejohn rant. Guess he was lucky that the people who paid his wages did so because he thought along their lines, but plenty of others think he is disgusting

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO shootings involved but also worthy of comment on BLM ...

Littlejohn in the DM: That's me and football finished. I've binned my season ticket.  On Sunday, after observing a respectful silence for Prince Philip, Spurs and Manchester United players, and Premier League officials, fell to their knees and some gave the black power salute in supplication to a Marxist organisation which hates everything the Duke and his generation stood for and intends to topple all they represented, starting with Churchill's statue. Have these pathetic, brain-dead dupes no idea quite how disgusting most of the people who pay their wages find them?

Seriously? He is giving up on football and throwing away his season ticket because players choose to make a gesture in support of racial equality before games?

There's something wrong with that guy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Seriously? He is giving up on football and throwing away his season ticket because players choose to make a gesture in support of racial equality before games?

The person who had to sit next to him must be delighted.  Unless of course he's done no such thing and it was desperate click-bait.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Grachan said:

or is there something wrong with the players doing it? 

wait until they do it with supporters in the grounds again.

what next, speedway riders doing it on parade?

Edited by stevehone

2 minutes ago, stevehone said:

or is there something wrong with the players doing it? 

wait until they do it with supporters in the grounds again.

what next, speedway riders doing it on parade?

It's up to them, surely. Hardly a reason to give up on football.

It's not meant a political gesture. It's just a way of showing support for black players. To be honest, I find it a bit embarrassing and thought that "kick it out" was better, but why be angry about it?

Would you give up on speedway if riders did it?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO shootings involved but also worthy of comment on BLM ...

Littlejohn in the DM: That's me and football finished. I've binned my season ticket.  On Sunday, after observing a respectful silence for Prince Philip, Spurs and Manchester United players, and Premier League officials, fell to their knees and some gave the black power salute in supplication to a Marxist organisation which hates everything the Duke and his generation stood for and intends to topple all they represented, starting with Churchill's statue. Have these pathetic, brain-dead dupes no idea quite how disgusting most of the people who pay their wages find them?

Littlejohn lives in Florida, and no-one's allowed into the grounds at the moment anyway, so it's his usual hypocritical rhetoric that its fanboys nonetheless lap up. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I was quite enjoying a reasonable few posts here until Phil comes along with the usual Littlejohn rant. Guess he was lucky that the people who paid his wages did so because he thought along their lines, but plenty of others think he is disgusting

PLENTY of people think footballers (including black players) taking the knee is a pointless gesture. If you think such a comment  is disgusting then I would suggest that it is you rather than Littlejohn or I who is out of sync with public opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Littlejohn lives in Florida, and no-one's allowed into the grounds at the moment anyway, so it's his usual hypocritical rhetoric that its fanboys nonetheless lap up. 

YOU or Iris keep perpetuating this lie. Littlejohn lives in North London. His mother lives in the USA and he visits her on occasions but, obviously, not for some time. 

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PLENTY of people think footballers (including black players) taking the knee is a pointless gesture. If you think such a comment  is disgusting then I would suggest that it is you rather than Littlejohn or I who is out of sync with public opinion. 

Yes we know. Plenty of people have racially abused players in the past weeks and months. Littlejohn getting upset because others show solidarity say’s a lot about him. Throwing his toys out the pram because if it. Who actually cares if he goes to a game or not ? 

• Like 1

Just now, iris123 said:

Yes we know. Plenty of people have racially abused players in the past weeks and months. Littlejohn getting upset because others show solidarity say’s a lot about him. Throwing his toys out the pram because if it. Who actually cares if he goes to a game or not ? 

PEOPLE throw the word racist around like confetti. And you have just confirmed that taking the knee is futile because in your words "plenty of people have racially abused players in the past weeks and months." What has taking the knee achieved? 

Kick it out is a far more suitable slogan and there are better ways of highlighting the problems that undoubtedly exist. 

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PEOPLE throw the word racist around like confetti. And you have just confirmed that taking the knee is futile because in your words "plenty of people have racially abused players in the past weeks and months." What has taking the knee achieved? 

Kick it out is a far more suitable slogan and there are better ways of highlighting the problems that undoubtedly exist. 

Turn it round and what will Littlejohn handing his season ticket achieve ? Is he hoping to start a cancel culture movement of getting people handing back their tickets in protest ? What will that achieve ? Plenty in line to take up the offer. 
As it goes there have been other stands like stopping social media for a bit. I doubt it will make idiots think twice, but is doing nothing better ? Ignoring racism didn’t help either. Have you a better idea ? What is Littlejohn’s suggestion in battling racism ? 

50 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Bless. He's very sensitive. There's a word for that these days....:rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU or Iris keep perpetuating this lie. Littlejohn lives in North London. His mother lives in the USA and he visits her on occasions but, obviously, not for some time. 

You better update his wiki page then. Resides in  Florida .