British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

University Challenge 2020/21

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

By the way eight correct tonight!

Some tricky ones, but I got fifteen. PLEASE tell me you got Arthur Brown/Shock Rock/Alice Cooper?

7 hours ago, chunky said:

Some tricky ones, but I got fifteen. PLEASE tell me you got Arthur Brown/Shock Rock/Alice Cooper?

I was going round the houses with Arthur Brown and didn't get there in time but got Alice Cooper!

Better night for me tonight...sixteen correct!

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Better night for me tonight...sixteen correct!

Nice one, Steve - but I got twenty-four! Sorry...

Too many art-related questions again, but outside of those, it was a pretty good mix. Classical music (Coppelia, Franz Lehar etc), astronomy (Betelgeuse, Algol etc), and surprisingly, German films of the 1920's, were good subjects for me!

6 hours ago, chunky said:

Nice one, Steve - but I got twenty-four! Sorry...

Too many art-related questions again, but outside of those, it was a pretty good mix. Classical music (Coppelia, Franz Lehar etc), astronomy (Betelgeuse, Algol etc), and surprisingly, German films of the 1920's, were good subjects for me!

Yes I got the films (one of my main interests) but astronomy is largely unknown to me I'm afraid.

Got the very first two correct tonight and thought it was going to be my lucky night...ended up with sixteen however but good for me all the same!

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Got the very first two correct tonight and thought it was going to be my lucky night...ended up with sixteen however but good for me all the same!

Got twenty-one. Missed out on several I should I should have known, but I will admit that I've NEVER heard "giddy as a kipper"...

Got the first two bowlers, Gibbs and Bedi, and of course, the Beethoven round was good for me.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, chunky said:

Got twenty-one. Missed out on several I should I should have known, but I will admit that I've NEVER heard "giddy as a kipper"...

Got the first two bowlers, Gibbs and Bedi, and of course, the Beethoven round was good for me.

Felt sorry for the cricketer who seemed at a loss during the game and missing out on the cricket questions.

Edited by steve roberts

Eleven tonight...thank goodness for the football ones. Too many questions relating to poetry!

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Eleven tonight...thank goodness for the football ones. Too many questions relating to poetry!

Nice round twenty for me. Yeah, Leeds and Chelsea was a perfect round for me! I struggled with most of the poetry, but I did get Betjeman and McGough reading their own...

Seventeen tonight...easy round with the Second World War songsters!

Yep full house on those too.

21 though I have no idea where I dragged dark matter from.

• Like 1

Twenty-one for me, and yeah, the singers were easy for me too - i even called Gracie Fields before she started singing!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, chunky said:

Twenty-one for me, and yeah, the singers were easy for me too - i even called Gracie Fields before she started singing!

Yes I knew that she'd be in the mix somewhere when Jeremy stated the batch of questions to be answered. Seen her statue in Rochdale but can't say I was a fan of hers unlike George...

Edited by steve roberts