British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

World Snooker prediction competition 2020

There was always a chance that the final was going to be an anti-climax after those two semi-finals and so it proved. Surprisingly low standard of play in the final as well. No-where near last the standard of the last two finals - possibly the worst final since the very poor Robertson v Dott final in 2010.

Last year, it felt Judd Trump had lifted snooker to a new level with the most outstanding performance in a final.  Nothing like that this year.

My main memory of this year will be the semi-finals, in particular that crazy final Wilson v McGill frame.

Edited by lucifer sam

3 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

There was always a chance that the final was going to be an anti-climax after those two semi-finals and so it proved. Surprisingly low standard of play in the final as well.

Seems like the nerves - and possibly O'Sullivan's antics - got the better of Wilson, particularly this morning. He had some great  chances to keep the pressure on, and just couldn't do it. However up and down Ronnie is, you can't do that and get away with it.

8 hours ago, chunky said:

Seems like the nerves - and possibly O'Sullivan's antics - got the better of Wilson, particularly this morning. He had some great  chances to keep the pressure on, and just couldn't do it. However up and down Ronnie is, you can't do that and get away with it.

Although both semis went to the wire, I think Wilson went through the wringer much more in his final frame. It's got to be tough to out-pour that level of emotion and then raise yourself for the final the next two days.  Sadly, he didn't really turn up in the final.  O'Sullivan probably played worse than Higgins did in the last three finals when he lost them, but that's the way it goes.  You can only beat the opposition you have and that's what Ronnie did.  It was a very poor final - put either of them against last year's Trump and they would have been massacred - Higgins had to play out of his skin to get away with just a 9-18 defeat.

Hopefully Kyren will do a John Parrot and take a bad defeat in the final and bounce back from it.  Just two years after a humiliating 3-18 loss to Steve Davis, Parrott won the 1991 tournament, including a comfortable revenge win over Davis in the semi-final.

I think Wilson won a lot of fans with how he conducted himself at the championship, particularly in and after that semi-final.  It was a reminder of the gracious way in which around 95% of snooker players behave. 

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Although both semis went to the wire, I think Wilson went through the wringer much more in his final frame. It's got to be tough to out-pour that level of emotion and then raise yourself for the final

Absolutely, but that is why you have to keep your emotions in check. The problem is that the only way to learn that is from experience. As I always say, you can get good overnight, but you can't get experience overnight.

The sad thing is that even though neither were playing well, Wilson was still very much in contention yesterday morning. It wasn't like he crumbled from the start; he fell apart two thirds of the way through.

28 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Hopefully Kyren will do a John Parrot and take a bad defeat in the final and bounce back from it.

People don't always realise it, but you can learn just as much - if not more - from your defeats than you can from your victories.

5 minutes ago, chunky said:

Absolutely, but that is why you have to keep your emotions in check. The problem is that the only way to learn that is from experience.

Now is that why one of our forum members never made it in the snooker biz. No names, no pack drill :D

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Now is that why one of our forum members never made it in the snooker biz. No names, no pack drill :D

I Expect Sidney would ask them for a fight outside ... then not turn up (awaits are love to see you at speedway reply )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2020 at 9:03 PM, chunky said:

How am I a fraud? Am I not who I say I am?

You are proven on here to be a liar.

Now, it really is time to move on and stop hijacking threads.

Liar hardly if so why not just avoid me ?????  you believe you know so much more engage you  are a fraud yes you know your stuff and i RESPECT that's bigtime always will ?Another  1000'plus people  on the forum know the same stuff as you BELIEVE me  you seem really scared in debate you are terrible Chunky rubbish the bed and want to intimidate people take a deep breath you will be ok.!!

On 8/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, orion said:

I Expect Sidney would ask them for a fight outside ... then not turn up (awaits are love to see you at speedway reply )

Really tell me when you available be nice to smash your face in you little weasel unreal what a cringeworthy bastard you are.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:31 AM, Toto said:

Grow up and stop acting like a 3 year old..You are the  most child like person I have even  seen on a forum. So thick as well..

Thanks , you are a THICKO as well by the sounds of it you have another fourty plus retirement to plan for good luck.!!!

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Sid, take your medication bud...

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Sid, take your medication bud...

Really you and a few mates in there own little bubble licking each others' behind's great stuff.Not for me not good good for you certainly might be for your  self esteem ( pretty sad really ENJOY) !!!

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Really you and a few mates in there own little bubble licking each others' behind's great stuff.Not for me not good good for you certainly might be for your  self esteem ( pretty sad really ENJOY) !!!

Not even having a go at you. Just saying.. calm down. Walk away for a bit.

42 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Liar hardly if so why not just avoid me ?????  you believe you know so much more engage you  are a fraud yes you know your stuff and i RESPECT that's bigtime always will ?Another  1000'plus people  on the forum know the same stuff as you BELIEVE me  you seem really scared in debate you are terrible Chunky rubbish the bed and want to intimidate people take a deep breath you will be ok.!!

All you ever do is just come on here and repeat the same statements without ever answering legitimate questions.

Please just answer the question - if you can. How am I a fraud? Am I not who I say I am?

Another question. You say I seem "really scared in debate you are terrible". What on earth does that mean? I am certainly intelligent and mature enough to engage in debate without resorting to nonsense, accusations, lies, and insults.

Anyone else on the BSF want to get in line and be insulted by hissing Sid? 

12 minutes ago, chunky said:

Anyone else on the BSF want to get in line and be insulted by hissing Sid? 

I am having a day off today. gustix is abusing me enough as it is :D