Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

World Snooker prediction competition 2020

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, June01 said:

Anyway, Jimmy has brought this final back from 0-4 to a final frame decider. Both he and Ken have played terribly!

Jimmy raised his game too much against Hendry! He can't do it again!  

Edited by lucifer sam

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Can we really judge by ranking tournaments when there's now 20 per year and there was 1 at the start of the eighties and still only 6 when Joe Johnson was at his prime? 

Alex Higgins only ever won one ranking tournament (the 1982 World Championship) and he's a legend of the sport!

Another worthwhile comment. Plus (and this happens in many sports) is that not everybody who competes plays every event.

Similar to a post I saw on YouTube recently. "Band A" is absolutely proven to be more popular than "Singer B", because of all the sellout concerts they perform, and all their album sales. So, because they choose to do 100 concerts a year, and release an album every six months, they are "more popular" than someone who - by choice - only does odd concerts, and only releases a new album every three or four years?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, June01 said:

Or an odious, abusive, drunken sponge...whichever. ;)

To which BSF member are you referring? :drink:

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, chunky said:

Another worthwhile comment. Plus (and this happens in many sports) is that not everybody who competes plays every event.

Similar to a post I saw on YouTube recently. "Band A" is absolutely proven to be more popular than "Singer B", because of all the sellout concerts they perform, and all their album sales. So, because they choose to do 100 concerts a year, and release an album every six months, they are "more popular" than someone who - by choice - only does odd concerts, and only releases a new album every three or four years?

Kate Bush has very few ticket sales (due to a handful of performances over two tours over 30 years apart), but is one of my favourite artists. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Kate Bush has very few ticket sales (due to a handful of performances over two tours over 30 years apart), but is one of my favourite artists. ;) 

Exactly...

Like I always say, stats don't lie - but they don't always tell the true story...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, norbold said:

From 0-4 to 5-4. Jimmy's the man!

And breaks the crucible curse at the age of 58!  Clearly the greatest ever ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, norbold said:

From 0-4 to 5-4. Jimmy's the man!

OY!!! You didn't get that excited when I was down 0-5 against Richie Gardner at the 1995 World Match play, and won 8-5!

Oh, that's right, you didn't see me. Like you didn't see me at Christer's first meeting... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, chunky said:

OY!!! You didn't get that excited when I was down 0-5 against Richie Gardner at the 1995 World Match play, and won 8-5!

Oh, that's right, you didn't see me. Like you didn't see me at Christer's first meeting... ;)

Yes, but that's because you're just a fraud, chunky.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, norbold said:

Yes, but that's because you're just a fraud, chunky.

Ah, I forgot that! Tsk, tsk...

Share this post


Link to post

I was sooo excited to hear Hendry is making a comeback this morning. A wildcard invitation for two years, along with Jimmy, Ken and James Wattana. Even if it's as bad as Schumacher's comeback, I've got something to look forward to again. :party:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, June01 said:

I was sooo excited to hear Hendry is making a comeback this morning. A wildcard invitation for two years, along with Jimmy, Ken and James Wattana. Even if it's as bad as Schumacher's comeback, I've got something to look forward to again. :party:

Do you think Jimmy can stand losing another WC final to Mr Hendry? Not a likely line up I know. But a world crown for Jimmy would not be an unpopular outcome me thinks.

Share this post


Link to post

Jimmy beat Hendry in the seniors to do the double this year, so it's Hendry's turn again. ;) Seriously, that newspaper headline for another world title for Stephen has been sitting on the printing press for long enough. There can't be a single fan of snooker who wouldn't want to see it happen?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy