British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

World Snooker prediction competition 2020

23 minutes ago, June01 said:

Anyway, Jimmy has brought this final back from 0-4 to a final frame decider. Both he and Ken have played terribly!

Jimmy raised his game too much against Hendry! He can't do it again!  

Edited by lucifer sam

2 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Can we really judge by ranking tournaments when there's now 20 per year and there was 1 at the start of the eighties and still only 6 when Joe Johnson was at his prime? 

Alex Higgins only ever won one ranking tournament (the 1982 World Championship) and he's a legend of the sport!

Another worthwhile comment. Plus (and this happens in many sports) is that not everybody who competes plays every event.

Similar to a post I saw on YouTube recently. "Band A" is absolutely proven to be more popular than "Singer B", because of all the sellout concerts they perform, and all their album sales. So, because they choose to do 100 concerts a year, and release an album every six months, they are "more popular" than someone who - by choice - only does odd concerts, and only releases a new album every three or four years?

6 minutes ago, June01 said:

Or an odious, abusive, drunken sponge...whichever. ;)

To which BSF member are you referring? :drink:

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Another worthwhile comment. Plus (and this happens in many sports) is that not everybody who competes plays every event.

Similar to a post I saw on YouTube recently. "Band A" is absolutely proven to be more popular than "Singer B", because of all the sellout concerts they perform, and all their album sales. So, because they choose to do 100 concerts a year, and release an album every six months, they are "more popular" than someone who - by choice - only does odd concerts, and only releases a new album every three or four years?

Kate Bush has very few ticket sales (due to a handful of performances over two tours over 30 years apart), but is one of my favourite artists. ;) 

2 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Kate Bush has very few ticket sales (due to a handful of performances over two tours over 30 years apart), but is one of my favourite artists. ;) 

Exactly...

Like I always say, stats don't lie - but they don't always tell the true story...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norbold said:

From 0-4 to 5-4. Jimmy's the man!

And breaks the crucible curse at the age of 58!  Clearly the greatest ever ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norbold said:

From 0-4 to 5-4. Jimmy's the man!

OY!!! You didn't get that excited when I was down 0-5 against Richie Gardner at the 1995 World Match play, and won 8-5!

Oh, that's right, you didn't see me. Like you didn't see me at Christer's first meeting... ;)

54 minutes ago, chunky said:

OY!!! You didn't get that excited when I was down 0-5 against Richie Gardner at the 1995 World Match play, and won 8-5!

Oh, that's right, you didn't see me. Like you didn't see me at Christer's first meeting... ;)

Yes, but that's because you're just a fraud, chunky.

18 minutes ago, norbold said:

Yes, but that's because you're just a fraud, chunky.

Ah, I forgot that! Tsk, tsk...

I was sooo excited to hear Hendry is making a comeback this morning. A wildcard invitation for two years, along with Jimmy, Ken and James Wattana. Even if it's as bad as Schumacher's comeback, I've got something to look forward to again. :party:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, June01 said:

I was sooo excited to hear Hendry is making a comeback this morning. A wildcard invitation for two years, along with Jimmy, Ken and James Wattana. Even if it's as bad as Schumacher's comeback, I've got something to look forward to again. :party:

Do you think Jimmy can stand losing another WC final to Mr Hendry? Not a likely line up I know. But a world crown for Jimmy would not be an unpopular outcome me thinks.

Jimmy beat Hendry in the seniors to do the double this year, so it's Hendry's turn again. ;) Seriously, that newspaper headline for another world title for Stephen has been sitting on the printing press for long enough. There can't be a single fan of snooker who wouldn't want to see it happen?

• Like 1