British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

World Snooker prediction competition 2020

28 minutes ago, June01 said:

Jimmy beat Hendry in the seniors to do the double this year, so it's Hendry's turn again. ;) Seriously, that newspaper headline for another world title for Stephen has been sitting on the printing press for long enough. There can't be a single fan of snooker who wouldn't want to see it happen?

You forget Hissing Sid 

On 8/19/2020 at 6:22 PM, chunky said:

Okay, let's do this...

Olsen, Collins, Mauger. Then Crump, Simmons, Louis, and Jessup. I would put those clearly above Tommy in early 76. That's seven.

Then there was a group of Tommy, Kennett, Lee, and the Mortons, and they were all young and improving. Maybe even throw in Boulger and Sanders. Perhaps Michanek.

Maybe Tommy WAS in the top 10, but I wouldn't say it was clear-cut.

I never said that Tommy wasn't "world-class"; I said that he was not one of the elite (the equal of Collins, Mauger, Olsen, Crump etc). At that point he wasn't. I also said that I believed he WOULD have reached that level, perhaps by the end of 1976.

He was certainly world class and in  1976 clearly in the top twelve riders in the world did Tommy beat DJ in the helmet in 1976 ???? and later Ashby.!!!! By 1976 Tommy had been around  a while at world level for me in 76 he was in the top 8 riders in the world and he had bagged loads of exsperience and he was still only 24 years of age he would of been in the mix for a while that is for certain.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:32 PM, June01 said:

I was sooo excited to hear Hendry is making a comeback this morning. A wildcard invitation for two years, along with Jimmy, Ken and James Wattana. Even if it's as bad as Schumacher's comeback, I've got something to look forward to again. :party:

Good luck he could not even win a seniors event,   he will be fodder unless he practices 8/10 hours a a day which he won't.

On 9/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, Sidney the robin said:

By 1976 Tommy had been around  a while at world level for me in 76 he was in the top 8 riders in the world and he had bagged loads of exsperience and he was still only 24 years of age he would of been in the mix for a while that is for certain.

Just YOUR opinion, and NOTHING is certain...

On 9/10/2020 at 8:20 PM, Sidney the robin said:

Get your forum sorted out not been on here for months still banned  I wonder why???? 

The forum idiot is back.

Can I get my bet in now for Yan Bingtao as 2021 World Champion please?

19 minutes ago, norbold said:

Can I get my bet in now for Yan Bingtao as 2021 World Champion please?

Yes he looks young for 20 :blink::blink:

4 minutes ago, June01 said:

Guess what happens on Tuesday!! 

Ye have pancakes?

MUCH more exciting than that. King Hendry returneth. B)

On 2/27/2021 at 6:13 PM, June01 said:

MUCH more exciting than that. King Hendry returneth. B)

For a short while anyway!