British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

World Snooker prediction competition 2020

36 minutes ago, Scott0311 said:

Has to be done!!

Kyren Wilson!!!!!

As long as he settles down and doesn't let O'Sullivan get out too far in front, I think he can do it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

As long as he settles down and doesn't let O'Sullivan get out too far in front, I think he can do it.  

Sadly after the first session that could be happening, massive evening session for Wilson. 

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Sadly after the first session that could be happening, massive evening session for Wilson. 

Yes, if he falls further behind tonight, that could be it.  But even at 7-10 down overnight, he's got a chance - he needs to win 5-4 tonight at the least.

39 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Yes, if he falls further behind tonight, that could be it.  But even at 7-10 down overnight, he's got a chance - he needs to win 5-4 tonight at the least.

Hopefully Wilson can get back into things tonight, no doubting O`Sullivan`s talent but I am no fan of his so would be quite happy to see him lose even for another car crash interview. 

13 minutes ago, screm said:

Hopefully Wilson can get back into things tonight, no doubting O`Sullivan`s talent but I am no fan of his so would be quite happy to see him lose even for another car crash interview. 

Yeah, ditto.  He lets himself down big time. So talented, but unfortunately also a complete prat.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Yeah, ditto.  He lets himself down big time. So talented, but unfortunately also a complete prat.

Sad thing is that he SHOULD have grown out of it by now. No sign of that, though. Amazing how many truly flawed geniuses there have been in sport...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, chunky said:

Sad thing is that he SHOULD have grown out of it by now. No sign of that, though. Amazing how many truly flawed geniuses there have been in sport...

And sadly he's it at again in the final.  Misses a shot and then starts waving his arms about, which could distract his opponent. About time one of the refs warned him, and if he continues, kick him out of the match.  It's not sporting.

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Mega talented  Ronnie Sam , he is no hero of mine not one bit but he has taken snooker to another level. Your hero Hendry was often  sullen sulky boring  to the hilt .Davis for me match play over a Longevity period is there Hendry a great player never  proved that in his fourties he could compete Davis did  and O'Sullivan is still going.

52 minutes ago, chunky said:

Grown out of it ??have you ?

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

Mega talented  Ronnie Sam , he is no hero of mine not one bit but he has taken snooker to another level. Your hero Hendry was often  sullen sulky boring  to the hilt .Davis for me match play over a Longevity period is there Hendry a great player never  proved that in his fourties he could compete Davis did  and O'Sullivan is still going.

Sid, Hendry always used to beat my hero, sadly ;) He remains the greatest-ever player, though.  

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Hendry a great player never  proved that in his fourties he could compete Davis did  and O'Sullivan is still going.

Hendry retired at the age of 43, while still in the top 16 in the World.

12 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Sid, Hendry always used to beat my hero, sadly ;) He remains the greatest-ever player, though.  

Don't think so Sam O'Sullivan will eclipse his seven titles and for me Joe and Steve Davis are above Hendry.Hendry now in the seniors when it  suits him he  is struggling he never wins anything now.

Edited by Sidney the robin

17 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Easy tiger! Lucifer Sam always calls Hendry the boring robot (although to his credit he does concede he was a good player), but Hendry was and is MY hero and sulky is something he most definitely wasn't. He didn't need to be - he won everything! "Boring" is a matter of opinion. I used to find him fascinating.

I know Hendry is playing in the seniors - such a shame I can't find that being televised as I'd love to watch and be able to watch my favourite again. No doubt he'll be out in the first round though. :D

Edit:

Hendry has been interviewing players live on Instagram over the last couple of months. Whilst his interviews with Ronnie have been really good to watch, Ronnie had been trolling the other interviews and making sly comments about other players. Obviously some folks were egging him on. I appreciate Ronnie's skills on the snooker table, but he IS an idiot.

Edited by June01
Added text
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, norbold said:

Hendry retired at the age of 43, while still in the top 16 in the World.

Davis beat O'Sullivan in 1997 in the Masters aged 40  after being  four frames behind against a young and mega talented 22 year old in O'Sullivan.??  not to bad eh!!!

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Don't think so Sam O'Sullivan will eclipse his seven titles and for me Joe and Steve Davis are above Hendry.Hendry now in the seniors when itv suits him  is struggling he never wins anything.

Sid, what has the seniors got to do with it?  

It's how the player was in their prime. Hendry was almost unbeatable for a decade in his prime.  He simply didn't miss.  O'Sullivan was very vulnerable in his prime - he lost matches he should have never lost to e.g. Ebdon in 2005 and Dott in 2006.

Hendry was an absolute monster to play.  Always remained sporting though, remember the frame he lost in the 1994 final because he spoke to the referee on behalf of Jimmy White (that's my hero, by the way).  And that's another reason he remains above Ronnie - he was a sportsman.