British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

World Snooker prediction competition 2020

2 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

But that doesn't make him the greatest.  That's down at how good you are at your prime.  O'Sullivan from any era would lose to Hendry in the World Championship between 1992 and 1996.  Hendry was simply unbeatable. 

Yes, just like Schumacher was better than Senna, and Pedersen is better than Nielsen. :P

Edited by June01
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

So, you DO think I'm a genius, then? Why thank you sir!

Seriously, you're never going to let it go, are you? Anyone who resorts to the insults, name-calling, accusations, and downright lies - like you frequently do - has no room to talk.

Getting back to the subject - if you have no objection - most professional sportspeople have said and done things they shouldn't, usually in the heat of the moment (yes, I have too), but O'Sullivan is one of those who takes it to a different level. With him, it isn't just in the heat of the moment, unless he is constantly on heat!

Move along, there's nothing to see here...

You are no genius  that's for sure you need to take a deep breath don't be so prickly and move on.

15 minutes ago, June01 said:

Yes, just like Schumacher was better than Senna, and Pedersen is better than Nielsen. :P

The first of those is a no and the second is a "You cannot be serious" ;) :D

Mind you, Hamilton is seriously challenging my perception of Senna being the best since I started watching in 1982 (please forgive me on that one, but Hamilton's awareness while driving at 200mph is something else).

Edited by lucifer sam

7 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Hendry was simply unbeatable.  He didn't miss.  

I was never a Hendry fan, but that was certainly the way it felt to me!

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are no genius  that's for sure you need to take a deep breath don't be so prickly and move on.

You don't think I was good at what I did? Tsk, tsk... :P

6 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

But that doesn't make him the greatest.  That's down at how good you are at your prime.  O'Sullivan from any era would lose to Hendry in the World Championship between 1992 and 1996.  Hendry was simply unbeatable.  He didn't miss.  

My life savings Sam  a prime O'Sullivan against Hendry beats him everytime the main reason why is because Hendry was so attacking.Against O'Sullivan he has more ability end of , O'Sullivan still no 1 aged 44 Hendry finished before he was 40  finished could hardly compete on the seniors tour a shame but true.

1 minute ago, chunky said:

I was never a Hendry fan, but that was certainly the it felt to me!

It actually reached a point where I watched the tournament, but not the finals of '95 and '96, because I knew neither Bond nor Ebdon (at that point) could possibly beat Hendry. I knew the result was a foregone conclusion. 

I did watch the 1997 final, because Hendry looked much more beatable throughout the whole fortnight and Doherty was in the form of his life. I still expected Hendry to win, but I thought it would be a match.

1 minute ago, chunky said:

You don't think I was good at what I did? Tsk, tsk... :P

What are you good at ???? you can argue with me for fun yet you never convince me Chunky..

40 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

O'Sullivan is in a different league to  Hendry the best ever snooker player , natural talent has got him to where he is is.He is 44 now hardly practices yet his natural talent prevails .He is annoying last night against Selby he was a disgrace the last three frames were a joke he took it to another level  even Hendry in prime would not of lived with that felt sorry for Selby he did nothing wrong.

To say O’ Sullivan is in a different league to Hendry is a joke really.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

What are you good at ???? you can argue with me for fun yet you never convince me Chunky..

Being World #1 isn't too shabby, I don't think... There, if you think that's arrogant, you're probably right, but YOU are the one who is trying to deflect the thread into another assault on me.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

As we've said before about speedway, having more talent and ability doesn't always mean much...

Not a joke, more offensive than anything.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Natural talent wise or achievements Fromafar? if Ronnie wins tomorrow he will equal Hendry's seven titles before he is fifty.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Natural talent wise or achievements Fromafar? if Ronnie wins tomorrow he will equal Hendry's seven titles before he is fifty.

Think it will be 6 titles if he wins tomorrow.He might win another but that’s your opinion not fact.

Edited by Fromafar

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

Being World #1 isn't too shabby, I don't think... There, if you think that's arrogant, you're probably right, but YOU are the one who is trying to deflect the thread into another assault on me.

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

Assault really humoured you to the hilt but hey don't cry about it move on.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

Assault really humoured you to the hilt but hey don't cry about it move on.

You're the one who needs to move on and stop hijacking every thread...