Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
eric i

British Youth Championship

Recommended Posts

Can anyone clear up my confusion over the 250cc Class?

 

according to SCB race sheets the results of the rounds were:

Scun  1  James  2  Harrison

Leic  1 Harrison  2  James

KL  1 Harrison  2  James

Edin  1 James  2 Vale  3 Harrison

BV  1 Harrison  2  James

 

Therefore the overall standings should read:

1 Harrison  16  18  18  (14)*  18  Total = 70

2 James     18  16  16  18  (16)*  Total = 68

* per SCB regs [15.6.3] the lowest scoring round is dropped and points are awarded 1st 18, 2nd 16, 3rd 14 etc.

Yet the match report of the final round says Harrison & James had a run-off for the title

 

Why, they weren't tied?

Edited by arnieg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2020 at 10:46 AM, arnieg said:

Can anyone clear up my confusion over the 250cc Class?

 

according to SCB race sheets the results of the rounds were:

Scun  1  James  2  Harrison

Leic  1 Harrison  2  James

KL  1 Harrison  2  James

Edin  1 James  2 Vale  3 Harrison

BV  1 Harrison  2  James

 

Therefore the overall standings should read:

1 Harrison  16  18  18  (14)*  18  Total = 70

2 James     18  16  16  18  (16)*  Total = 68

* per SCB regs [15.6.3] the lowest scoring round is dropped and points are awarded 1st 18, 2nd 16, 3rd 14 etc.

Yet the match report of the final round says Harrison & James had a run-off for the title

 

Why, they weren't tied?

Hi mate they are the rules as per the regs . But due to this being British speedway they made it up as they went along . After Luke won the final round officially he should of been the champion. However when the rules were mentioned the reply was just go win it on track . Which he did in the run off . Rule book only applies to certain aspects of the sport on certain occasions.

in fairness though it was a wonderful series at 250 level and either Max or Luke would of been worthy winners 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Hi mate they are the rules as per the regs . But due to this being British speedway they made it up as they went along . After Luke won the final round officially he should of been the champion. However when the rules were mentioned the reply was just go win it on track . Which he did in the run off . Rule book only applies to certain aspects of the sport on certain occasions.

in fairness though it was a wonderful series at 250 level and either Max or Luke would of been worthy winners 

They were very well matched, and I was very impressed with Luke in the two rounds I saw.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lucky lee said:

congratulations to lightning Luke 

his dad was never that fast

No but he was faster than Mark Anderson :party:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the GBspeedway website fixture list there is a 1500CC youth class on 20 June. Lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, leander said:

According to the GBspeedway website fixture list there is a 1500CC youth class on 20 June. Lol

 

so the authorities admitting the use of oversized engines

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leander said:

According to the GBspeedway website fixture list there is a 1500CC youth class on 20 June. Lol

 

Could be first 6 cylinder speedway bike and a cross between an upright and laydown - its a V-6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy