British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

4 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Don't forget Peter Marinello!

Now living in Bournemouth looking after a sick relative according to Charlie George. Saw him make his Highbury debut, never lived up to expectations, same as Charlie Nicholas.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Watching Wolves v Burnley on bbc1, Wood hat-trick, Burnley 4-0 Up! Wolves toothless. Great to see nearly all English players in their team, excellent management by Dyche, a squad assembled for very little money. Not much hope for Fulham now.

Swindown relegated with a whimper, 5-0 defeat at MK. Rovers down, Chelts almost up. Cambridgeshire's 2 teams almost there, Posh ending Charlton's 10 game unbeaten run. Ull up. They will be dancing in the pond in Watford High Street, always happens when promoted, 18 wins in 22! Well done Norwich.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 9:55 AM, auntie doris said:

Now living in Bournemouth looking after a sick relative according to Charlie George. Saw him make his Highbury debut, never lived up to expectations, same as Charlie Nicholas.

Despite being Bournemouth through and through, I remember going to the Dell in 1983 specifically to see Charlie in his debut season for the Arsenal. It was a bit disappointing and the Gunners lost 1-0. 

I drove to Southampton in my TR6 and bought a ticket on the day. Those were the days! 

• Like 1

I actually went to Highbury to get a photo of Charlie, such a great player that he was. At least for Celtic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

A minority of Man U morons spoiling the mainly peaceful protest.

Usual win for The Gooners at St.James, won 16 out of last 17 PL games against Newcastle! The Mags should be safe though. Rooney's Rams or Rotherham to go down. Very debatable pen for Posh equaliser that sent them up. Charlton struggling to reach play-offs. Rochdale, Northampton down with Roveŕs and Town. Cambridge and Bolton still having squeaky bums, Morecambe just behind, well done Chelts. Southend, after over 100 years, and Grimsby out of league. Battle between Sutton and Torquay for top spot to be in league. All down to final day.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

Cannot believe some commentators and fans defending the protest at Old Trafford, agree with Grahame Souness on his comments on Sky sports.

46 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

. Battle between Sutton and Torquay for top spot to be in league. All down to final day.

Plenty of games to go in the National league. Hartlepool and Stockport still very much in the mix.

Right about the penalty at Peterborough though. Never a spot kick.

30 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Cannot believe some commentators and fans defending the protest at Old Trafford, agree with Grahame Souness on his comments on Sky sports.

I can believe it.

Exactly the same numbskulls that thought the Super League a bad idea because they want to keep up the “tradition” of a top six, money-bags league winner every year.

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

35 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I can believe it.

Exactly the same numbskulls that thought the Super League a bad idea because they want to keep up the “tradition” of a top six, money-bags league winner every year.

Both clueless 

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Both clueless 

Well debated.  :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Well debated.  :D

What is there to debate, you're both wrong, end of discussion. 

40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What is there to debate, you're both wrong, end of discussion. 

Well if you think fighting with the police and mindless acts of vandalism is warranted  then .... I wish you well.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, salty said:

Plenty of games to go in the National league. Hartlepool and Stockport still very much in the mix.

Right about the penalty at Peterborough though. Never a spot kick.

I only want Torquay and Sutton to go up as could visit when Swindon play there next season, as friend and relative live in those areas. Lincoln had a chance of automatic promotion, will be gutted to let 3 goal lead slip.

Edited by auntie doris