British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

6 hours ago, auntie doris said:

A minority of Man U morons spoiling the mainly peaceful protest.

Were they Man U morons or just morons.As someone said on the radio,when there is an organised protest going to go ahead certain morons get wind and tag along just to create some havoc.This doesn't mean they are fans just someone out to be disruptive.There's not many protests that go on in this country without some form of trouble happening unfortunately.

• Like 1

Souness showed himself to be a completely uninformed dinosaur yesterday. Kept going on about the Glazers risking their money to buy the club and that there were no protests when Man United were at the top. That was simply a lie and I was surprised that neither Gary Neville or Roy Keane corrected him. 

Clearly there is no place for idiots throwing flares and attacking police etc, nobody with a brain would dispute that but unfortunately any protest sees a minority of morons who think it's acceptable. 

As someone who just wanted to watch the game I would prefer them not to have forced a postponement and I can't really agree with invading the stadium but we've seen that in cases like Charlton and Blackpool, just chanting a few songs and waving some banners will achieve nothing. Ultimately though going forward they need to find a way of doing it in a slightly more peaceful way 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

Souness showed himself to be a completely uninformed dinosaur yesterday. Kept going on about the Glazers risking their money to buy the club and that there were no protests when Man United were at the top. That was simply a lie and I was surprised that neither Gary Neville or Roy Keane corrected him. 

Didn't see what Souness had to say.Was working but would have watched the game when i got in had it gone ahead.

As for the Glazers risking their own money he's having a laugh.The club never had a debt until they took over,and yet 16 years later i think they are still £450million in debt,why haven't they cleared this.All they have done is make plenty of money from the name of Manchester United.That's the problem with many of the rich owners,all they want to do is get richer from football.If they could earn more by finishing mid table they would be happy with that,but just ask what the fans would want.But then these owners aren't really interested in what the fans want.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Clearly there is no place for idiots throwing flares and attacking police etc, nobody with a brain would dispute that but unfortunately any protest sees a minority of morons who think it's acceptable. 

As someone who just wanted to watch the game I would prefer them not to have forced a postponement and I can't really agree with invading the stadium but we've seen that in cases like Charlton and Blackpool, just chanting a few songs and waving some banners will achieve nothing. Ultimately though going forward they need to find a way of doing it in a slightly more peaceful way 

Some fecker threw a red settee onto the pitch at The Valley, how did they smuggle that in!?and fans invaded the boardroom nicking cheese and wine,:cheers: !!! A Blackpool fan stopped the Arsenal coach by sitting on the roof, eggs and smoke bombs were pelted at Oyston at a Pompey game, according to my Pompey supporting cousin.

One copper at Old Trafford nearly lost an eye:blink:can't condone that sort of behaviour.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Some fecker threw a red settee onto the pitch at The Valley, how did they smuggle that in!?and fans invaded the boardroom nicking cheese and wine,:cheers: !!! A Blackpool fan stopped the Arsenal coach by sitting on the roof, eggs and smoke bombs were pelted at Oyston at a Pompey game, according to my Pompey supporting cousin.

One copper at Old Trafford nearly lost an eye:blink:can't condone that sort of behaviour.

Curbs brother managed the Who.. 

Must've been Keith Moon then.. 

Btw, loads of sympathy for Man U supporters, especially with the Glazers.. 

There's always an idiot or 2 to ruin best intentions though, sadly.. 

2 hours ago, The Cheese said:

That is the plan. The organisers are looking to be different. The aim was to try & force a postponement yesterday. It worked & has huge media coverage. 

The next will be the same, again something different. 

As you say, to be heard protests alone don't work. 

These owners need removing, there will be short term pain for long term gain. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, YerRopes said:

Curbs brother managed the Who.. 

Must've been Keith Moon then.. 

Btw, loads of sympathy for Man U supporters, especially with the Glazers.. 

There's always an idiot or 2 to ruin best intentions though, sadly.. 

You try getting a settee through a turnstile..must have come from the Valley lounge:D

Edited by auntie doris

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Didn't see what Souness had to say.Was working but would have watched the game when i got in had it gone ahead.

As for the Glazers risking their own money he's having a laugh.The club never had a debt until they took over,and yet 16 years later i think they are still £450million in debt,why haven't they cleared this.All they have done is make plenty of money from the name of Manchester United.That's the problem with many of the rich owners,all they want to do is get richer from football.If they could earn more by finishing mid table they would be happy with that,but just ask what the fans would want.But then these owners aren't really interested in what the fans want.

Financially they have taken an awful lot of money out of the club via Dividends. They also leveraged the club with a massive amount of Debt, that had ridiculous interest rates attached to it.

For balance, from a financial perspective, i would say that the debt has become more serviceable over time. They have massively increased revenue.

The club has spent over a £1 billion in transfers in decade between 2010 and 2020. The reality is that rather than not spending enough they have spent really poorly.

The sad bit is that they haven't invested in the clubs infrastructure and facilities, which means they have stagnated and been left behind.

I think there financial management of the club has been very poor, but at the same time it is also probably very harshly judged.

For me the Glazers have never wanted to engage with the fans. They have been shown to be to scared to actually speak with supporters, and would rather hide in America. 

Lots of United fans might have grown up with the club being dominant and know that a lot of that has to do with money, but the ESL plan was an attack on England's football pyramid.

I think the majority of United want the traditions and the history of the game in England to be preserved. The Glazers have gone to far by trying to destroy that.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

That is the plan. The organisers are looking to be different. The aim was to try & force a postponement yesterday. It worked & has huge media coverage. 

The next will be the same, again something different. 

As you say, to be heard protests alone don't work. 

These owners need removing, there will be short term pain for long term gain. 

Peaceful protests haven't achieved a lot, however i think some fans (A minority) went a bit too far. And it could have been deliberately targeted by people who wanted to cause trouble

The Glazers, do need removing but i think they have shown that they will not sell.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CrystalCastles said:

The Glazers, do need removing but i think they have shown that they will not sell.

The next few targets will surprise many ;)

• Like 1

Mourinho wasn't out of work long then, appointed Roma manager from the start of next season. 

Smalling and Mkhitaryan probably not too happy today!

• Like 2

Terrible News:

“Former Republic of Ireland and Portsmouth midfielder Alan McLoughlin has passed away at the age of 54.

Manchester-born McLoughlin, whose other clubs included Swindon Town and Southampton, revealed in March that he had cancer.” BBC

• Sad 4

Going to be tight tonight against PSG in the semi 2nd leg, cannot see many goals , hopefully Cityto go through.

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, auntie doris said:

I only want Torquay and Sutton to go up as could visit when Swindon play there next season, as friend and relative live in those areas. Lincoln had a chance of automatic promotion, will be gutted to let 3 goal lead slip.

Got to be Torquay then. At least they are a former league club. Sutton a bit meh as a place and a club. Lost one of their games in hand today as well.

Edited by salty

16 hours ago, salty said:

Got to be Torquay then. At least they are a former league club. Sutton a bit meh as a place and a club. Lost one of their games in hand today as well.

Ideal for Clarke Osborne to be the owner who helped them back into the EFL, will be interesting to see his next move if it happens. 

Think they have a bit of an injury crisis at the moment but on a good run after a bad spell. Hopefully they do manage to finish the job, if Exeter are going to be stuck in League 2 for another season then at least we'd have a derby game 

Jens Lehmann gets kicked out from Berlin after making a ‘racist’ post, which he say’s was meant to be a personal message and was misunderstood