British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Well done to Cheltenham, Cambridge & Bolton, and good luck to the 4 teams in the league 2 play-offs. 

A disappointing end for Exeter to just miss out. 9th probably would have been accepted at the start of the season given the reduced budget and high number of released players but after the first half of the season it's been a poor finish. 17 points from the last 14 games isn't acceptable. Not helped by a poor January transfer window, whilst pretty much every other team in the league strengthened we ended up weaker.

Not really looking forward to next season right now, it seems a few more of the senior players are moving on and Matt Taylor suggested yesterday that he won't have much money to spend despite saying 2 weeks ago that we'd have a stronger budget than ever before! Not sure I'd trust him to use it wisely anyway though. 

Should mention goalkeeper Jokull Andresson who is the main reason we had a chance going into the final day. I can't think that too many loanees become something of a cult hero but he managed it within a few weeks of joining. Would love to see him back next year but I imagine that both he and Reading will be looking for League 1 experience. 

• Like 2

Wolves win in the last minute, Villa get stuffed and have a player red carded for diving - causing Dean Smith to have a top quality mither - he really is a "charmless nurk" as Norman Stanley would say, then to top it off the Albion get relegated. Definitely a Carlsberg Sunday....

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The red card certainly changed the game. Same as at Wigan where The Town scored 3 times in last 15 mins to win 4-3. My mate supports the Albion, his wife is Wolves, and Big Fat Sam, a Wolves fan, has taken them down.;)

Oxford pip The Addicks to play-offs, surprise loss for Pompey.

Edited by auntie doris

26 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Blue moon.

Being a Utd fan i always want to see my team win.We were never going to catch City so all in all tonight the result was cushioned hopefully by helping a team that may pip Liverpool to a champions league spot:D

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

Being a Utd fan i always want to see my team win.We were never going to catch City so all in all tonight the result was cushioned hopefully by helping a team that may pip Liverpool to a champions league spot:D

Scousers are in meltdown :lol:

I remember all the comments that they'd be never playing Europa League again :lol:

• Like 1

Up The Arsenal 

• Like 2

Be cheering on Man U tonight like my own club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Up The Arsenal 

Mourinho would have been proud of that performance last night

giphy.gif&ehk=xvvuO8VE77RLJJrMeb3HfmzWgb

I thought Arteta's interview after the game was bizarre tbh, having a bit of a moan at the media but really he's had an easy time from them compared to others. He was basically declared a managerial genius before he'd even started and even now articles always lean towards the 'it's not him, it's the players' line.

• Like 1

Christ..Man U 2 Liverpool 4:blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Always a Great day when you beat Man Ure....:party:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

That was an entertaining battle last night, thought it could have gone either way until that final goal, but good to see Liverpool playing with more effective intensity again. Still think Tiago  has been the worst Premiership signing of the winter of all the top teams. Next three games are last chance European survival matches. 

Edited by jrs

10 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Always a Great day when you beat Man Ure....:party:

It's good to see Liverpool fans already back to being just happy to see their team beat Utd again,after one season of winning the league :t:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It's good to see Liverpool fans already back to being just happy to see their team beat Utd again,after one season of winning the league :t:

Apparently Pathe News is showing Man U’s last title win.  :D

• Like 1