Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The lack of fans this season...Man U lost 6 at home, unbeaten away, City lost 1 away, Liverpool 6 at home, Arsenal 7, Everton 8, Leicester 8......

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

The lack of fans this season...Man U lost 6 at home, unbeaten away, City lost 1 away, Liverpool 6 at home, Arsenal 7, Everton 8, Leicester 8......

That's a crazy stat,the top 3 so far losing 18 matches at home.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DC2 said:

Apparently Pathe News is showing Man U’s last title win.  :D

You meant Spurs 60 years ago:D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ouch! That hurt.. 

4 finals in the last 5 years and we've now lost 3 of them, beat Man U though.. 

However, well done and congratulations to Leicester, no complaints.. 

Was impressed by their fans too, who booed Chilwell, but not Kante..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hazzman  will be well chuffed with the win, well done mate they deserved it. Bet he'll have a toast to VAR this evening.   :t:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well done Leicester,chuffed for them and the owner.Just wish we had an owner that had their club at heart like Leicester's.Ours wouldn't have been at the final let alone celebrate like Leicester's did.Well done and what a goal,and 2 big saves from Schmeichel,his old man would have been proud of those.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Congratulations to Leicester on their FA Cup win, another one in the eye for the Super League super six.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2021 at 1:20 PM, auntie doris said:

The lack of fans this season...Man U lost 6 at home, unbeaten away, City lost 1 away, Liverpool 6 at home, Arsenal 7, Everton 8, Leicester 8......

In a way it proves that it's been more of an even playing field this season with in reality the loss of home advantage, and those teams that adapted better to empty stadiums have flourished. It seems that teams found a way to destabilise and disrupt Liverpool's style of play and Klopp frankly hasn't appeared to have a backup plan to change their style and game plan to counteract it. And perhaps it just proves what many think that home crowds can be the equivalent of an extra man and extra points.

But full marks to Man City they've been a pleasure to watch all season and justly deserve the plaudits they receive. The race for the last two top four spots will be interesting over the next couple of weeks.

Edited by jrs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well done Leicester City

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, YerRopes said:

Ouch! That hurt.. 

4 finals in the last 5 years and we've now lost 3 of them, beat Man U though.. 

However, well done and congratulations to Leicester, no complaints.. 

Was impressed by their fans too, who booed Chilwell, but not Kante..

Chilwell has made some comments which weren’t particularly wise in the lead up to the match. This lad famously refused to take a throw in at Millwall in a Cup tie.
 

Kante however is a remarkably humble bloke who won us a league title and apparently when we play in London still pops into the team hotel to say hello. 

 

Anyway, what a day. What a honour to be there. What a winner. The emotions were raw - people in floods of tears. We’ve done the lot now, might as well fold the club. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/14/2021 at 10:59 AM, tellboy said:

It's good to see Liverpool fans already back to being just happy to see their team beat Utd again,after one season of winning the league :t:

Think we have won the league 18 other times as well......Oh and 6 European Champions  titles.....:t:

Share this post


Link to post

Alisson Ramses Becker.....You beautiful Barsteward....:D:D:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Hazzman said:

Chilwell has made some comments which weren’t particularly wise in the lead up to the match. This lad famously refused to take a throw in at Millwall in a Cup tie.
 

Kante however is a remarkably humble bloke who won us a league title and apparently when we play in London still pops into the team hotel to say hello. 

 

Anyway, what a day. What a honour to be there. What a winner. The emotions were raw - people in floods of tears. We’ve done the lot now, might as well fold the club. 

Done the lot?

How about the Champions League next?  :)

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, jrs said:

In a way it proves that it's been more of an even playing field this season with in reality the loss of home advantage, and those teams that adapted better to empty stadiums have flourished. It seems that teams found a way to destabilise and disrupt Liverpool's style of play and Klopp frankly hasn't appeared to have a backup plan to change their style and game plan to counteract it. And perhaps it just proves what many think that home crowds can be the equivalent of an extra man and extra points.

But full marks to Man City they've been a pleasure to watch all season and justly deserve the plaudits they receive. The race for the last two top four spots will be interesting over the next couple of weeks.

It is more a case of the fact that Liverpool lost their 3 top centrebacks and their main driver in Henderson. No team has lost such key players and for most of the season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Done the lot?

How about the Champions League next?  :)

I don’t think we will make the top 4 sadly. Couldn’t have asked for worst opposition on Tuesday and then it’s out of our hands on the last day failing a Liverpool loss to Burnley. 
 

Domestically the lot ! Takes some major effort to go well in the CL with the artificial seeding of coefficients and we got done by Prague in February through know-how of the two legged tie (as we did by Atletico in 2017 - we will beat them some time that’s written). 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy