British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

It is more a case of the fact that Liverpool lost their 3 top centrebacks and their main driver in Henderson. No team has lost such key players and for most of the season. 

Agree that injuries have had a major effect on their form, but for the champions to be losing matches to the worst teams in the league exposed many of their weaknesses.  They had a miracle escape from a second defeat to West Brom today thanks to Allison and his super goal.  Even though the lads playing in the centre of defence lack the class of the injured guys they've done well.  What has let Liverpool down is that they have become predictable in their movement and passing.  You can sit and watch them and you can predict exactly where the next pass is going, and that's how other teams have managed to disrupt their rythmn and beat them.

Alexa, show me Football 

• Like 2

Monday: Skybet make Matt Taylor 1/3 favourite to be next Walsall manager

Tuesday: Someone obviously queried which one, updated to 'Matt Taylor (current Exeter City manager)'

Wednesday: Former Portsmouth and West Ham midfielder Matt Taylor appointed new manager of Walsall

:lol:

• Haha 5

I see Nuno is leaving Wolves after Sunday's game. 

Didn't see that one coming

1 hour ago, YerRopes said:

Nuno to Spurs then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YerRopes said:

BWitcher:o 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, screm said:

Nuno to Spurs then.

Not much of a step up these days mind, especially with Kane looking to leave.. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Not much of a step up these days mind, especially with Kane looking to leave.. 

Don't see Wolves challenging top four but with Spurs there is a better chance of doing that, with or without Kane. Interesting comments made by Kane in a interview with Gary Neville, he does know he`s taken on Daniel Levy, and he has proved in the past that he is happy to wait until he gets his price.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Don't see Wolves challenging top four but with Spurs there is a better chance of doing that, with or without Kane. Interesting comments made by Kane in a interview with Gary Neville, he does know he`s taken on Daniel Levy, and he has proved in the past that he is happy to wait until he gets his price.

Difficult one for Levy though, Kane is a fan's favourite at Spurs and his club is going nowhere.. 

If I were a Spurs fan, I'd have some sympathy for his plans to move and win trophies.. 

I believe he wants to go to Man C.. 

• Like 1

It comes as no surprise. 

From a football point of view net £0 transfer spend this season didn't go down well.

From a personal point of view the inability to see his family in Portugal was killing him.

Bookies favourite Lage another Mendes client.

Someone hire Allardyce quick:o

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, screm said:

Nuno to Spurs then.

Nuno promotes a neat and tidy style but it’s a bit counter-attack based like Mourinho when Surely Spurs should be looking for something more entertaining?

Like the Leeds’ manager!

Spurs have the players to be Super Leeds.

Edited by DC2

Sad to see Nuno go. He's been a great manager for Wolves. The rise from 15th in the Championship to consecutive 7th place finishes in the Prem mean he is assured of the warmest of farewells on Sunday. Even more importantly Nuno the man has been embraced and much cherished by the city. His public persona and ready smile has been widely commended - and he called Lee Mason unfit for purpose before Mason's own incompetence proved it!

This season has been a relative disappointment and at times he has looked deflated, no doubt his estrangement from most of his family has played a part in his leaving.

Personally can't see him going to Spurs, more likely a break and then an appointment, possibly in Portugal.

• Like 3

Sad to see Nuno go feels like a death in the family to most Wolves fan very sad ..He's done a great job and was on the verge of great things because wolves sold  Jota and brought crap with the money . Wolves will go backwards lose players etc from now on

As Salty says I think he will have a break from football and take a job back home

Well done Brentford. 

Bournemouth's time-wasting was absolutely pathetic, Begovic in particular was a complete embarrassment

• Like 4

21 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Well done Brentford. 

Bournemouth's time-wasting was absolutely pathetic, Begovic in particular was a complete embarrassment

Eddie Howe might have gone, but the gamesmanship remains. Some of their antics yesterday were shameful.