Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Rashford has been out of sorts since taking the Government to account.

Apparently Boris has started a petition to get him to improve his standards or increase his funding of school kids.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, CrystalCastles said:

Undoubtedly OGS will get the blame.

Overall he's done a good job and we have improved this year.

However, at the same time he prioritized this competition and gave up on the other winnable competitions in order to do it.

Ultimately he has failed to achieve his target of winning a trophy this year.

It's the manner of these failures, that annoys me and I think a lot of United fans.

We take competitions seriously and try to win games in early rounds, however when we get to the sharp end of the competitions it's abundantly clear that we lack unity, and we lack desire to actually win things.

Then OGS rolls out the excuses.

Uniteds attitude to success is now purely defined by finishing in the top 4.

I can't get my head around the fact that last night, at a certain point in the game  that the management team and the players only had the desire and willingness to play for penalties.

That's a terrible attitude, for a club that never gives up and has won so many things in my lifetime in the last few minutes or in extra time.

The club, management and players deserve all the criticism that they will get.

 

 

I think there's a massive element of burn-out on the squad. 

I don't think our squad is all that bad but Ole doesn't trust any of them outside his 13-14 regulars. 

It was a disgrace to not make a change with 20mins to go. The game was for the taking & the players were blowing out their ass. 

Disgraceful that Amad & Donny (game changers) got no minutes. Taking off Pogba & Greenwood for meep-meep & Fred while keeping Rashford on was absolutely abysmal management. 

Ole is learning on the job, risk adverse, tactically inept. 

Ole has hit his ceiling at our club & now needs to move aside for someone to push us on further. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, iris123 said:

I was highly impressed with Cavani’s determination and Greenwood’s ball skills. But Pogba gave the ball away too easily too often and Rashford was out of sorts. Total lack of movement up front sticking to their position made it easy for the Spaniards, who stuck to the task well. Thought they might tire, but no

See the Beeb agree with me on Pogba. The past couple of years I have taken a small interest in ManU, basically because my son has turned into a fan, and I need to keep up on things when we start discussing football :D But I just can't see the worth of this guy or how he got such a reputation.

For the money United pay Pogba, he has to deliver in the biggest games. Against Villarreal he adhered to the view some have of the Frenchman that if he doesn't start a game well, he hardly ever improves.

That was the case against Unai Emery's side.

Unlike Bruno Fernandes, who also disappointed, there is simply not enough credit in the bank to justify Pogba's status.

He may attract attention on social media and be a superb marketing tool, but Solskjaer, or any other manager for that matter, needs Pogba to deliver on the pitch. Is he really going to be worth the amount that would need to be committed to get him to stay?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, iris123 said:

See the Beeb agree with me on Pogba. The past couple of years I have taken a small interest in ManU, basically because my son has turned into a fan, and I need to keep up on things when we start discussing football :D But I just can't see the worth of this guy or how he got such a reputation.

For the money United pay Pogba, he has to deliver in the biggest games. Against Villarreal he adhered to the view some have of the Frenchman that if he doesn't start a game well, he hardly ever improves.

That was the case against Unai Emery's side.

Unlike Bruno Fernandes, who also disappointed, there is simply not enough credit in the bank to justify Pogba's status.

He may attract attention on social media and be a superb marketing tool, but Solskjaer, or any other manager for that matter, needs Pogba to deliver on the pitch. Is he really going to be worth the amount that would need to be committed to get him to stay?

Pogba is hugely overrated. He doesn't have the workrate to play centrally. 

This is why for Juventus & France he tends to play left of a midfield 3.

Time & time again when Pogba plays central he's over ran, like last night we had Cavani & Fernandes chasing back to defend. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think there's a massive element of burn-out on the squad. 

I don't think our squad is all that bad but Ole doesn't trust any of them outside his 13-14 regulars. 

It was a disgrace to not make a change with 20mins to go. The game was for the taking & the players were blowing out their ass. 

Disgraceful that Amad & Donny (game changers) got no minutes. Taking off Pogba & Greenwood for meep-meep & Fred while keeping Rashford on was absolutely abysmal management. 

Ole is learning on the job, risk adverse, tactically inept. 

Ole has hit his ceiling at our club & now needs to move aside for someone to push us on further. 

I agree. We desperately need a top  CB to play with Maguire, Lindelof is weak. And McFed in midfield ain't good enough. They are bench players at best .So a top CDM is also needed. Having said that, Ole was poor with his subs, or lack of. Shocking. I don't think any manager could win the league with Lindy at the back, and McFred in midfield. But totally agree Ole is out of his depth. I read that David hasn't saved a pen since 2016, while Dean has been pretty good on pens. Ole should of brought Dean on late for the shoot out. Ole is weak,with tiny balls..

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, DC2 said:

Somewhat disappointing for the United fans who made fun of Liverpool and Leicester!  :)

It’s always a great day when Man Ure lose....:D

At least we have a goalie who can score a goal :D

Cant seem to get a ditty by four Liverpool guys out of my head....

”we all live in a yellow submarine “.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The stupidity that is football:

“Spurs have made contact with Paris St-Germain regarding former manager Pochettino - though Marcotti told BBC Radio 5 Live Pochettino is also Real's top target.”  BBC

Spurs sacked him a short while ago and since then he has managed to win nothing with PSG, the wealthiest club in France, and yet that appears to prove he’s become a better manager than he was when Spurs sacked him.

And these “credentials” also appeal to Real Madrid!

Football’s brainless money go round!

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, DC2 said:

The stupidity that is football:

“Spurs have made contact with Paris St-Germain regarding former manager Pochettino - though Marcotti told BBC Radio 5 Live Pochettino is also Real's top target.”  BBC

Spurs sacked him a short while ago and since then he has managed to win nothing with PSG, the wealthiest club in France, and yet that appears to prove he’s become a better manager than he was when Spurs sacked him.

And these “credentials” also appeal to Real Madrid!

Football’s brainless money go round!

Biggest stupidity of it all is the man who made the decision that Pochettino wasn't the man to take Spurs forward and so sacked him is the same man who now it appears thinks that Pochettino is just the man to take Spurs forward.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Good luck to City tonight, will not be easy against a good Chelsea side.

Share this post


Link to post

Well done Brentford :cheers:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Congrtulations to Brentford, hope they and Norwich surprise a few people next season :)

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Well done Brentford :cheers:

Not harf, pop pickers.

Share this post


Link to post

Well done Bees, 7 clubs from inside m25 in Premier now!

Share this post


Link to post

Ironic that Manure lost on pens when they get to practise on them most weeks in the premiership 

Ivan Toney will be the next Dele Alli,  believing all the media over hipe when in truth hes just an average footballer

Share this post


Link to post

I wd cash in on Toney now, I think Champs was his level

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy