British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

The Danes have always had a good backbone...

Denmark Scores Goal Two Minutes Into First Match Without Christian Eriksen

In 1977 I was on a training course, staying at the Prince of Wales hotel in Kensington, on the same week as England v Scotland. Came back from work on the first night their fans were in town, pressed the lift button and the doors opened to reveal 2 Scotsmen slumped on the floor surrounded by numerous 24 packs of Tennents.

In the restaurant there was an absolutely huge painting of Edward VII, the Prince of Wales. It disappeared.

I've always wondered which Glasgow tenement wall that ended up on.

:rofl:

someone on 5Live suggesting Kane should be rested. I actually do think we would win even with him benched and rested.

• Haha 1

See the porridge gobblers have descended on the capital and are ignoring every Covid rule in the book. 

Why do the substitutes have to go through a getting changed charade before they can get themselves on the pitch. Surely they should be ready to go now and not in five or ten minutes time. I can see Tierney scoring the  only goal.

4 hours ago, ch958 said:

someone on 5Live suggesting Kane should be rested. I actually do think we would win even with him benched and rested.

:D:D

• Like 1

i thought Kane and Sterling (as usual) were awful. Fair play to you lads

• Like 3

Now I know why I'm a speedway fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

England kneel  Scotland kneel ..

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Now I know why I'm a speedway fan.

Worst game of the Euros so far:neutral:Thank heavens there were other live events to watch:t:

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, bluejam said:

Worst game of the Euros so far:neutral:Thank heavens there was other live events to watch:t:

Scotland may feel happier, but at the end of the day, England have 4 points and Scotland are bottom of the group with 1. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

All the other teams must be quaking with fear at the thought of playing against England   :wub:

Tonight it seemed like the manager was utterly clueless, I must admit I can never imagine Southgate inspiring anybody to do anything. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Scotland may feel happier, but at the end of the day, England have 4 points and Scotland are bottom of the group with 1. :rolleyes:

And?

I watched Hull KR beat Wigan Warriors and was more entertained than the rubbishe at Wembley:t:

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 12:58 PM, Pinny said:

Have to disagree here - surely youd rather England win than be an entertaining side?

Definitely not.

By the end last night I was hoping Scotland would win to give Southgate a massive kick up the pants.

Taking off Foden rather than Sterling?

Playing Grealish on the left wing?

Practically zero shots and crosses. 

No fluidity or forward intent with passes.  It was like having 11 Butch Wilkins passing sideways or backwards.

Taking a free kick mid-way in Scotland’s half by passing it back to our keeper?

Zero movement off the ball around Scotland’s penalty box?

Absolute rubbish.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2021 at 1:52 PM, CrystalCastles said:

It's very easy to say don't pass the ball back, or side to side,play it forward or to do all of that higher up the pitch 

But International opponents are not going to simply let you do it, because teams don't set up to play that way.

It's far harder to play the ball forward and find space at International level than it is in English football.

Have you not seen Italy, France or the Netherlands?