British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

33 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

I can remember Tyrone Mings playing for Chippenham Town for ages before moving to Ipswich I think it was.. 

Villa took a gamble on him too and now he's been around the England squad for a while. 

Used to work with his dad Adie, played for Chippers as a forward.

35 minutes ago, Tim G said:

His career was going nowhere at Bournemouth and couldn’t get in the team. Villa got him on loan in January whilst in the championship and then paid what seem a ridiculous sum for him after getting promoted in the summer.

That price seems a steal now when you look at the price of bang average players now are costing.

I can't remember him at Bournemouth, so that explains it.. 

Personally, I think xGoals are rubbish.  ;)

• Like 1

Well done Oxford City knocking Northampton out, something Oxford United couldn't do against Peterborough 6 miles down the road, progress to second round with tie at Shrewsbury.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

Pompey away for Lynn, such a pity it’ll be played in front of no bugger.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Well done Oxford City knocking Northampton out, something Oxford United couldn't do against Peterborough 6 miles down the road, progress to second round with tie at Shrewsbury.

Cobblers were an embarrassment last night , the fight for league one survival is all they've got left and that's looking more difficult as the weeks go by. 

3 hours ago, jrs said:

Cobblers were an embarrassment last night , the fight for league one survival is all they've got left and that's looking more difficult as the weeks go by. 

Ditto Swinedown Wigan Burton and Oxford

Edited by auntie doris

Congratulations to Scotland - Great to see them qualify....If it goes ahead

• Like 4

Following last nights football result Scottish First Minister Jimmy Krankie stated "This gives us a clear mandate for a second independance referendum".

Sturgeon's wet her drawers:party:

• Like 1

Another day, another attack on Mason Greenwood.. disgraceful the way some of these young players get treated. 

He was a complete moron for what happened in Iceland but that's no excuse for what's gone on since in the press and on social media. He's still a teenager, just lost one of his close friends to suicide and is obviously struggling with that but hey, lets make up disgusting rumours about him :( 

• Like 3

Mo Salah has tested positive for coronavirus.....Apparently showing no symptoms though, but will miss the next 2 Liverpool games at least.

23 hours ago, CrystalCastles said:

Congratulations to Scotland - Great to see them qualify....If it goes ahead

I'm sure that I'm missing something here but why are 22 footballers able to play in a close contact sport spitting and sweating  and generally hugging each other when people are not able to play a round of golf or meet up generally? Are footballers exempt? Are they kept in a bubble and continually being tested? Do they go home to their families? I'm confused and somwhat puzzled?

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

I'm sure that I'm missing something here but why are 22 footballers able to play in a close contact sport spitting and sweating  and generally hugging each other when people are not able to play a round of golf or meet up generally? Are footballers exempt? Are they kept in a bubble and continually being tested? Do they go home to their families? I'm confused and somwhat puzzled?

All Elite Sportspersons have a special exemption. I haven't read much into it, to provide a really detailed answer but i am sure someone else on the forum will have.

Sportspeople are getting tested regularly, they are meant to be in a controlled bubble environment of their family home & their workplace.

As a cricket fan, initial rules were very strict, in order for international cricket to take place - all players, coaches, medics, commentators and journalists had to be in a very strict bubble. Commentators & Journalists documented some of this including the testing.

In order for all professional sport to take place they relaxed the rules, but that decision in itself was complex.

Generally though i agree with your point it is massively confusing. Sportspeople very close proximity to each other. As the football season has got under way i would say behaviour has normalised - Footballers are celebrating goals with each other, hugging  etc on a more frequent basis. 

I personally think that it undermines and contradicts some of the advice that is given out to the general population.