British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Has there ever been an easier or more comfortable 2-0 win than the one Chelsea had today at Newcastle, Frank Lampard  before the game was complaining about the twelve thirty kick off saying his players would be at a disadvantage given most of them were away on international duty some only getting back on Thursday afternoon, he needn't have worried.  

14 minutes ago, screm said:

his players would be at a disadvantage given most of them were away on international duty some only getting back on Thursday afternoon, he needn't have worried.  

Oh yes, it's disgusting that people have to do three hours of work in four days... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I understand and sympathise with Lampard’s point when it’s been a European week (like OGS’s rant the other week) but after an international one it’s tough luck as every team is in the same boat. Somebody has to play in the early game so just get on with it.  

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 6:52 PM, orion said:

So is Kane .who is a much better all round player 

Superb again yesterday, best player in the league right now. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Superb again yesterday, best player in the league right now. 

i would say the world right now such is all round play . his game have involved so much this season it's unreal .. Just like speedway thou not as good as someone who played in the 60's :D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, orion said:

i would say the world right now such is all round play . his game have involved so much this season it's unreal .. Just like speedway thou not as good as someone who played in the 60's :D

WATCHED most of the TV football yesterday(lazy bas****) and appalled by the standard of refereeing in the Premiership. Normally a fan of Michael Oliver but he was bad as the rest. 

23 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WATCHED most of the TV football yesterday(lazy bas****) and appalled by the standard of refereeing in the Premiership. Normally a fan of Michael Oliver but he was bad as the rest. 

... as he was in the Merseyside Derby

As for Coote... 

3 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

... as he was in the Merseyside Derby

As for Coote... 

How many more huge errors will it take before he gets suspended from Premiership games?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, orion said:

Not as good as Don Rogers:o

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

And Don Rogers never kept "claiming" goals he didn't score!!!

Oh, nice win against Rovers yesterday...

Edited by chunky
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

...or another Swindon Town legend John Trollope ;)

• Like 1

I thought there was a bit of Don on TV this week in his Crystal Palace kit, but it was Borussia Monchengladbach’s number 11 having his penalty saved by Ray Clemence.

Knew the Don wouldn’t have missed!  :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...or another Swindon Town legend John Trollope ;)

And Roger Smart who can be seen walking round Wroughton every day. Trollope lives in Highworth, speedway fan. The Don attends speedway, lives in Old Town, and Joey Butler still taxi driving. All friendly geezers, and 1969 League Cup Winners.

The Don must be one of the best players never to win cap.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

And Roger Smart who can be seen walking round Wroughton every day. Trollope lives in Highworth, speedway fan. The Don attends speedway, lives in Old Town, and Joey Butler still taxi driving. All friendly geezers, and 1969 League Cup Winners.

The Don must be one of the best players never to win cap.

I believe he played twice for England U23s?

When you see Don in the Palace v Man U 5-0 match he played like “England’s George Best” and it’s hard to believe that he wasn’t selected for the next England match.  

It must have been around the time of the infamous England v Poland World Cup qualifier, when instead of flair (Don, Bowles, Curry) we went for the solid types of Clarke, Hector, Chivers and Bell (?).  Of course, my memory may fail me.

Just looked up those matches. The Palace match was Dec 72 and the Poland one Oct 73, so it makes you wonder even more why Don wasn’t given a chance in any of the qualifiers.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 2