British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

20 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And was the score 3-2 or 4-2?  :D

We all know it was 4 -2 . What is your point ? I am saying they claimed it was a goal!!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 11:42 AM, DC2 said:

Bell, Channon, Currie, Clarke, Chivers

What world cup medals have these got ?  the bottom is in the 70's we never even made  torneys 

2 minutes ago, orion said:

What world cup medals have these got ?  the bottom is in the 70's we never even made  torneys 

7 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

qualification was not needed for that . the players and football  in the 70's were crap 

1 minute ago, orion said:

qualification was not needed for that . the players and football  in the 70's were crap 

England players, you mean?

You obviously don’t mean the Brazil, Dutch, German, French and Argentina teams. :D

And why not check how well English teams did in Europe in the 70s, starting with Liverpool? :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

England players, you mean?

You obviously don’t mean the Brazil, Dutch, German, French and Argentina teams. :D

And why not check how well English teams did in Europe in the 70s, starting with Liverpool? :D

i did they   teams from England   won 4 cups in that decade and  have not  done worst since  .. so as i was saying they were crap 

Edited by orion

34 minutes ago, orion said:

That's not what you stated in your post.

28 minutes ago, orion said:

i did they   teams from England   won 4 cups in that decade and  have not  done worst since  .. so as i was saying they were crap 

Are you sure you’ve found all of the European competition cup winners, UEFA and European cups?

I’m sure Liverpool won at least four themselves. And then there was Forest, and maybe Spurs, Leeds, Chelsea or Man City?

Here’s European & UEFA Cup winners and runners up.  We were good in the 70s compared to the decades in the next thirty years or so.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_Cup_and_UEFA_Champions_League_finals

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Cup_and_Europa_League_finals

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Are you sure you’ve found all of the European competition cup winners, UEFA and European cups?

I’m sure Liverpool won at least four themselves. And then there was Forest, and maybe Spurs, Leeds, Chelsea or Man City?

Here’s European & UEFA Cup winners and runners up.  We were good in the 70s compared to the decades in the next thirty years or so.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_Cup_and_UEFA_Champions_League_finals

I'm glad that you managed to decipher his post?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

And for those of us whose first language is English.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

England had some great players in the 70s, just didn't pick them often. Players such as Hudson, Osgood, Currie, Bowles, Marsh, George...Sir Alf didn't want wingers, probably why The Don didn't win an England cap. Workmanlike midfielders were preferred by Ramsey and Revie, while class teams such as Brazil, Holland, West Germany, Argentina, Italy, dominated.

Some members of the press and FA officials wanted him in the 1970 World Cup squad, the ITV panel had him as sub in a Great Britain side of Banks, Newton, England, Moore, Cooper, Ball, Bremner, Lee, Greaves, Davies, Best Sub:Rogers. No Bobby Charlton!

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Looks impressive that list, English teams winning 7 out of 8 European Cups  late 70s/80s, Liverpool, Forest, Villa, was surprising England teams were so poor then. Arsenal won Fairs Cup in 70, and Swindon won Anglo-Italian Cup.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Looks impressive that list, English teams winning 7 out of 8 European Cups  late 70s/80s, Liverpool, Forest, Villa, was surprising England teams were so poor then. Arsenal won Fairs Cup in 70, and Swindon Anglo-Italian Cup.

We can only assume, now that he has been shamed by those statistics, that Orion is on the bench for Chelsea tonight! :D

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DC2 said:

We can only assume, now that he has been shamed by those statistics, that Orion is on the bench for Chelsea tonight! :D

You been shamed by the covid figures for ages but  you still put your boots on :D

Edited by orion
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, orion said:

You been shamed by the covid figures for ages but still put your boots on :D

Blimey, who wrote that for you?  :D

• Like 1