British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

14 hours ago, DC2 said:

Blimey, who wrote that for you?  :D

I'm still trying to figure it out...not only was football 'crap' during the seventies but so were other sports such as speedway, cricket, rugby, motor racing, tennis etc. The music we listened to was 'crap'. What we listened to on the radio was 'crap' and what we watched on TV and at the cinema was also 'crap'. In fact I don't know how I survived living thru' the seventies when life generally was 'crap'. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

I'm still trying to figure it out...not only was football 'crap' during the seventies but so were other sports such as speedway, cricket, rugby, motor racing, tennis etc. The music we listened to was 'crap'. What we listened to on the radio was 'crap' and what we watched on TV and at the cinema was also 'crap'. In fact I don't know how I survived living thru' the seventies when life generally was 'crap'. ;)

Presumably the one bonus was that Orion wasn’t alive then?  :D

In fact maybe that alone made the Seventies such a great decade?  :D

Edited by DC2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

The 70s were crap apart from Fawlty Towers, Liam Brady, Charlie George, The Arsenal Double, Its a Knockout, Jim'll Fix It, Basil Brush, Eddie Waring, David Coleman, Arry Carpenter, speedway, football hooliganism, The Big Match, Star Soccer, Pot Black, heavy/glam/punk rock, cassettes, Liebfraumilch, Berni Inns, microwave ovens, stupid haircuts, The Hairy Cornflake, Fluff Freeman, Radio Luxembourg, Party Sevens, bell bottoms, loon pants, Saturday Night Fever, The Osmonds, Taxi, Black Forest Gateau, sideburns, tank tops, hot pants, greatcoats, parkas............

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

Another crap Result for Newcastle .. sick of them only being in 10th .. Bruce out 

After another defeat I think there may be a job vacancy at Celtic coming up quite soon

If Man U played all their games away they would be Champions.

First win for Swindon over Oxford for 19 years in the A420 derby at Oxford.

25 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

If Man U played all their games away they would be Champions.

First win for Swindon over Oxford for 19 years in the A420 derby at Oxford.

Blimey was it that long!

13 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Blimey was it that long!

Yeah, cos Oxford have been non-league for 15 of them. :D

38 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yeah, cos Oxford have been non-league for 15 of them. :D

I think your maths are a bit out dear boy. I make it only four years during the last nineteen but I think you knew that? ;)

Edited by steve roberts

Worst start for almost 4 decades, first home defeat to Wolves since 1979:cry: Hope Jimenez is ok.

Edited by auntie doris

12 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Blimey was it that long!

Looking at the 11v11 record, Swindon won the majority of earlier games...mainly due to Don Rogers:D

Swindon's first win at the Kassam.

The Robins record against the other local Robins from Cheltenham is appalling though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Worst start for almost 4 decades, first home defeat to Wolves since 1979:cry: Hope Jimenez is ok.

We are unbeaten in last 4 visits to Emirates and never played them for probably 30 yrs during that time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Flag said:

We are unbeaten in last 4 visits to Emirates and never played them for probably 30 yrs during that time

Played Wolves 24 times since then, lost 2! Won 17. The Golden Palace has been a happy hunting ground, same as Newcastle.

Edited by auntie doris