British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

21 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yeah, much better today, when a stray shoelace causes a penalty and a whiff of a quiff a red card!  :D

To be honest, this comparison reflects the different eras’ attitudes to racism too!

ONLY yesterday a Leeds player after the hand of Chelsea's Kante barely touched his face went down as though Mike Tyson had poleaxed him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ONLY yesterday a Leeds player after the hand of Chelsea's Kante barely touched his face went down as though Mike Tyson had poleaxed him.

Have referees given up booking players for diving and excessive reactions (ungentlemanly conduct)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

...ah but it was 'crap' in those days!

Don Rogers would never have got involved in any of that dirty stuff:D

Les Ferdinand, Director at QPR, said they don't take the knee now as it's run it's course, like clapping for carers. A lot of league clubs have stopped doing it. Luckily there was only 2000 and not 15000 there booing. The Den is not the place to do Black Power salutes. The Emirates would be a more appropriate venue for that with it's multi-cultural fans. Never heard any racist chanting at the Den the last time, just homophobic abuse directed at Ipswich fans. Made me laugh seeing signs saying "No obscene chanting". We had "Oh souf London is wonderful full of t1ts, fanny and Millwall" .

Who is Trevor Sinclair to comment after calling a police officer a "white cnut"!?

I can only see BLM has increased racial tensions, with its Marxist, anarchist, anti-British connections.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Les Ferdinand, Director at QPR, said they don't take the knee now as it's run it's course, like clapping for carers. A lot of league clubs have stopped doing it. Luckily there was only 2000 and not 15000 there booing. The Den is not the place to do Black Power salutes. The Emirates would be a more appropriate venue for that with it's multi-cultural fans. Never heard any racist chanting at the Den the last time, just homophobic abuse directed at Ipswich fans. Made me laugh seeing signs saying "No obscene chanting". We had "Oh souf London is wonderful full of t1ts, fanny and Millwall" .

Who is Trevor Sinclair to comment after calling a police officer a "white cnut"!?

I can only see BLM has increased racial tensions, with its Marxist, anarchist connections.

You seem to be defending the attitude at the Den when it is abhorrent.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You seem to be defending the attitude at the Den when it is abhorrent.

Not defending the attitude at all, but you can't expect much else its Millwall innit:rolleyes: The club work tirelessly in the community to promote the club, but a sizeable minority of aggressive, racist, homophobic so called fans let them down time and time again.:( They have a lot of decent normal fans, but the media are always picking on Millwall.

Edited by auntie doris

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

I can only see BLM has increased racial tensions, with its Marxist, anarchist, anti-British connections.

:t:

• Like 6

This is the worst start for an Arsenal team since 1981/82 I reckon. A pile-up of dead wood through bad recruitment. There's 8 or 9 players in the squad Arteta doesn't fancy but cant get rid of because they are on such big money. Some players only there for the pay day.

Edited by auntie doris

5 hours ago, auntie doris said:

This is the worst start for an Arsenal team since 1981/82 I reckon. A pile-up of dead wood through bad recruitment. There's 8 or 9 players in the squad Arteta doesn't fancy but cant get rid of because they are on such big money. Some players only there for the pay day.

All that dead wood is a fire hazard.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Shame that they're not paid on results. I guess that they are on big fat bonuses however to top up their already over-inflated salaries?

• Like 1

Arsenal just look awful. Dont think Arteta will cut it. 

After a promising start Arteta looks on thin ice which is a pity as long term he could be the answer. Can’t see him lasting much longer though. 

16 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Arsenal just look awful. Dont think Arteta will cut it. 

Do they?

Admittedly I didn’t see the first half, but they could easily have scored three in the second and they had 65% possession.

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Do they?

Admittedly I didn’t see the first half, but they could easily have scored three in the second and they had 65% possession.

Arsenal's problem being Tottenham were 2 up by that point and more than happy to sit behind the ball and defend. Jose's team isn't the most exciting to watch (a few buses have been parked) but they're getting points by playing to their strengths on the counter attack. Their bench yesterday had Moura and Bale on it - what a nice problem to have. Arsenal's bench by comparison was rather flimsy.

Rico  :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

Arsenal's problem being Tottenham were 2 up by that point and more than happy to sit behind the ball and defend. Jose's team isn't the most exciting to watch (a few buses have been parked) but they're getting points by playing to their strengths on the counter attack. Their bench yesterday had Moura and Bale on it - what a nice problem to have. Arsenal's bench by comparison was rather flimsy.

Rico  :rolleyes:

I didn’t think their sitting back was very good.  

They allowed Arsenal five chances in and around the six yard box!  

On another day Aubameyang and Lacazette would have scored two each.

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I didn’t think their sitting back was very good.  

They allowed Arsenal five chances in and around the six yard box!  

On another day Aubameyang and Lacazette would have scored two each.

I hope that other day comes around soon - Arsenal have scored once in open play in their last 7 Premier League games. 

Burnley up next.

Rico :rolleyes: