British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

I hope that other day comes around soon - Arsenal have scored once in open play in their last 7 Premier League games. 

Burnley up next.

Rico :rolleyes:

4-0 Arsenal.  :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, noggin said:

All that dead wood is a fire hazard.

Hope you're well noggers

Arsenals only problem this season has been lack of goals.

Other than the Villa game I dont think they have been awful. 

December and January they have a better run of fixtures if they start scoring I think that Arteta will be alright.

• Like 3

Maguire has had more shots at goal than Aubummerbang!

4 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Hope you're well noggers

I am mate, hope you are too, hope we get racing back next spring.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DC2 said:

Do they?

Admittedly I didn’t see the first half, but they could easily have scored three in the second and they had 65% possession.

The thing is they didn't take any of the chances.And people get hung up on this possession stuff,this doesn't win you matches scoring the chances you have does,which Arsenal can't seem to do neither.When a chance comes along the good teams seem to take them.Arsenal are not up there yet with the good sides.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 10:10 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

ONLY yesterday a Leeds player after the hand of Chelsea's Kante barely touched his face went down as though Mike Tyson had poleaxed him.

Now finally we have a use for that thing called VAR ..............

My Millwall supporting mate from souf London, now living in the US says"feck BLM, feck the BBC, and feck Biden!"and half his family are black:unsure::blush::blink: He reckons you hear more about BLM over here than in the States. More importantly for him 3 points against the boys from Shepherds Bush. Millwall can't score goals, the same affliction as Arsenal's Auba. The Lions have embraced many good black players over the years, but have never shaken off the racist/ homophobic tag, unlike neighbours Charlton. A lot of their fans revel in their aggression reputation. Half of them where i was sat in the Cold Blow Lane End dress like the Peaky Blinders cast.:rolleyes:Total contrast to Dulwich Amlet, 2 miles down the road, full of bearded, bespectacled, left-wing intellectuals, who find the Den too rough/can't get a ticket for Palace. Nearly all black players, black manager, but still very few black fans.

Sad news Arsenal legend Kenny Sansom has brain disorder and dementia. Recent troubles with alcoholism and being attacked.:cry:

Edited by auntie doris

9 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

My Millwall supporting mate from souf London, now living in the US says"feck BLM, feck the BBC, and feck Biden!"and half his family are black:unsure::blush::blink: He reckons you hear more about BLM over here than in the States. More importantly for him 3 points against the boys from Shepherds Bush. Millwall can't score goals, the same affliction as Arsenal's Auba. The Lions have embraced many good black players over the years, but have never shaken off the racist/ homophobic tag, unlike neighbours Charlton. A lot of their fans revel in their aggression reputation. Half of them where i was sat in the Cold Blow Lane End dress like the Peaky Blinders cast.:rolleyes:

Sad news Arsenal legend Kenny Sansom has brain disorder and dementia. Recent troubles with alcoholism and being attacked.

Out of interest who was the first black player for Millwall?  I can’t think of a single famous one.

41 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Out of interest who was the first black player for Millwall?  I can’t think of a single famous one.

Not sure if Fash was the first, but he is famous enough. Without mentioning Chicken George who came a couple of years later

Babb, who was a neighbour of one of my Celtic pals in Balham also went on to play for Liverpool and Ireland. 2nd from left at the back

Millwall Squad 1989/90

Edited by iris123

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Walker and Lee were top players late 70s, my mate said he was in a pub in Bermondsey packed with Millwall fans, and the players were stood on the bar, to a rousing sing-song from the Lions fans.Millwall haven't had many famous white players though.:party:

Edited by auntie doris

16 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GREAT article by Spurs fan Richard Littlejohn in the Daily Mail this morning ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9028489/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-wont-renewing-Spurs-season-ticket.html

"I hate everything about football, except the football", too true.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Walker and Lee were top players late 70s, my mate said he was in a pub in Bermondsey packed with Millwall fans, and the players were stood on the bar, to a rousing sing-song from the Lions fans.Millwall haven't had many famous white players though.:party:

Hurlock, Cascarino, Sheringham, Harris spring to mind.  They were Millwall, were they?