British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Managed to watch the first 20 minutes of the Dulwich game yesterday......Cheshunt were all over them and unlucky on a couple of occasions not to score, so you can imagine my surprise and pleasure to see it ended up 3-1 to Amlet :D

Which channel were The Amlet on?

3 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Which channel were The Amlet on?

Was a livestream on youtube again. Official though, with a knowledgeable commentator...lots of facts

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Managed to watch the first 20 minutes of the Dulwich game yesterday......Cheshunt were all over them and unlucky on a couple of occasions not to score, so you can imagine my surprise and pleasure to see it ended up 3-1 to Amlet :D

They play the mighty ‘Urchins’ from Hornchurch behind closed doors next round 

• Like 1

I see Jose is still exercising high levels of bellendry before and after matches.....Klopp laughing at him is the perfect response. 

• Like 2

Big Fat Sam taken over at The Albion, very successful at keeping clubs up, with his brand of boring, effective football. My mate from Aston in Brum, massive Albion fan, has put a bet on them staying up. Better news for The Gooners, Auba scores in the right goal, and despite having 10 men avoided another home defeat. By far the worst disciplinary record in Premier under Arseteta. Interesting season, half of clubs could win it, Villa still have 3 games in hand over most teams.

Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, top 3 in Championship, all relegated last season.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I see Jose is still exercising high levels of bellendry before and after matches.....Klopp laughing at him is the perfect response. 

He has a point about behaviour during games to be fair, Klopp and Guardiola get away with things that most would be banned for. 

Didn't see yesterday's game but Guardiola on Tuesday was embarrassing at the end, the 4th official should have just told him to clear off but because it's passionate Pep he just let him carry on acting like a child

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

He has a point about behaviour during games to be fair, Klopp and Guardiola get away with things that most would be banned for. 

Didn't see yesterday's game but Guardiola on Tuesday was embarrassing at the end, the 4th official should have just told him to clear off but because it's passionate Pep he just let him carry on acting like a child

Agree with that.Klopp constantly going on at the 4th official why he never gets sent to the stands i don't know.Maybe he hasn't got a face mask:blink:

Joy here that Lewandowski and Neuer won the FIFA awards last night, but also some surprise that Flick lost out to Kloppo

Son's goal was well deserved though

Edited by iris123

On 12/16/2020 at 2:37 PM, TRM said:

They play the mighty ‘Urchins’ from Hornchurch behind closed doors next round 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, screm said:

Yes, Newcastle Utd., one of the great under achievers since their Fairs Cup Triumph.

Were Spurs any good today?

The pundits were singing their praises after 25% possession got them a 2-0 win over Arsenal but I thought they looked vulnerable at the back (despite having conceded fewer than most other clubs).

21 hours ago, DC2 said:

Were Spurs any good today?

The pundits were singing their praises after 25% possession got them a 2-0 win over Arsenal but I thought they looked vulnerable at the back (despite having conceded fewer than most other clubs).

Like i have said before,possession doesn't win you football matches.Getting that round bag of wind in between the two posts and crossbar does.Fine example yesterday Leeds 59% possession,but Man Utd were deserved winners by a mile and they did so.The only stat to win you matches is certainly putting the ball in the back of the net.Barcelona have found that to be true most definitely this season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Like i have said before,possession doesn't win you football matches.Getting that round bag of wind in between the two posts and crossbar does.Fine example yesterday Leeds 59% possession,but Man Utd were deserved winners by a mile and they did so.The only stat to win you matches is certainly putting the ball in the back of the net.Barcelona have found that to be true most definitely this season.

Well remember a game at the Manor Ground when Wimbledon scored early on and then proceeded to play eleven behind the ball. Oxford dominated the rest of the game but were unable to get the ball in the net thereby losing...damn boring game I recall too!