British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

But how about Aubameyang?

What was he worth last year?  100 million?  And now?  50 million?  Or less!

About 10 bob:D what a coincidence, signs 250000 grand a week contract then goals dry up. He's not guaranteed a place with all the youngsters coming through.

• Like 1

Just now, auntie doris said:

About 10 bob:D what a coincidence, signs 250000 grand a week contract then goals dry up. He's not guaranteed a place with all the youngsters coming through.

Such is the brainless nature of clubs falling over themselves to spend 50 or 100 million on players whose worth is based on form alone.

“Form is temporary, but class is permanent”.  Really?

Posted (edited)

Not sure I buy all that. He is obviously suffering a crisis in confidence and will come good I’m sure. 

As for the title, really surprised Man City aren’t being mentioned, they are bound to click into gear at some point and if they win their games in hand they are right in the mix.

Important three points for the Canaries yesterday after a couple of winless games. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Such is the brainless nature of clubs falling over themselves to spend 50 or 100 million on players whose worth is based on form alone.

“Form is temporary, but class is permanent”.  Really?

Personally I feel that the kind of money talked about in football transfers truly "bonkers"...paying for an "asset" whose career may end the very next game due to injury.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

got a feeling whoever wins in the Liverpool V United game will win the league. 

Would love to see Utd do it,but just think they are too short at the moment.Considering the speed we have in some of the players our build up play can be so slow and lethargic.Even though i always say the main stat is goals which win you matches we looked very ordinary in our wins over Villa and Wolves and in many other matches too,they have to play better imo.The league is too close to call amongst many teams and we are not even half way yet.There could be 4 or 5 teams in the mix at any point in the season the way it is going.

I reckon Man U have great chance of winning it, Cavani and attack is awesome. With Lipool, City, and the other team from norf London in with shout, top 4. Chelsea and The Arsenal missing out.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure I buy all that. He is obviously suffering a crisis in confidence and will come good I’m sure. 

As for the title, really surprised Man City aren’t being mentioned, they are bound to click into gear at some point and if they win their games in hand they are right in the mix.

Important three points for the Canaries yesterday after a couple of winless games. 

City have the best defence... Brentford looking dangerous. Would be surprised if Narwich didnt go back up with Bournemouth.

Can see ole Frankieboy getting the sack, Chelsea spent many millions and are being schooled by City, without 6 players. Best squad in league.

Carroll's first goal for 10 years but Mags lose again. Brucieboy in trouble as well.

5 hours ago, auntie doris said:

I reckon Man U have great chance of winning it, Cavani and attack is awesome. With Lipool, City, and the other team from norf London in with shout, top 4. Chelsea and The Arsenal missing out.

Leicester still ignored - not even got our best player back fit yet either. With another fine defender returning back today. 

Inconsistent we may be but so are the rest chasing top 4

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, auntie doris said:

City have the best defence... Brentford looking dangerous. Would be surprised if Narwich didnt go back up with Bournemouth.

Hoping Brentford make it this time!!! Great display against Watford and Bournemouth.Unlucky to concede deflection at the death v Norwich to only draw. A few rubbish performances as well . As the saying goes " thats Brenford int it."   Hope they do it for my late brother who died  recently

Edited by wealdstone

4 minutes ago, Hazzman said:

Leicester still ignored - not even got our best player back fit yet either. With another fine defender returning back today. 

Inconsistent we may be but so are the rest chasing top 4

The way it's going the decider will be the club who can control their players to obey the 'Covid' rules, pass the test and be available when it matters most. 

Already seeing signs of clubs ignoring/twisting the rules so players are available.

5 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Man ute have no chance of winning it .. top 4 at best

2 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

The way it's going the decider will be the club who can control their players to obey the 'Covid' rules, pass the test and be available when it matters most. 

Already seeing signs of clubs ignoring/twisting the rules so players are available.

Absolutely, there’s a good case for Man City to be punished in the same manner Aberdeen were earlier this season. 

Subject to European progression, some teams will be playing twice in the midweek unless an extension by a week to the season can be agreed. 

FA Cup could be a shambles this week when a load of teams who are not normally tested and do so for the first time.

Whilst I don’t think the top flight will stop in event of another national lockdown; I do think they will have adopt a bubble esque approach in the same manner as test cricket, the Champions League and the NBA playoffs 

• Like 2

Hate to say it but man united are coming good, had to happen they have quality players, can see a top four of :

Liverpool

Manchester United

Manchester City 

Tottenham 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Can see ole Frankieboy getting the sack, Chelsea spent many millions and are being schooled by City, without 6 players. Best squad in league.

Carroll's first goal for 10 years but Mags lose again. Brucieboy in trouble as well.

Rumours of a meeting at Chelsea today to talk about Lampard`s future, Brendan Rogers seems hot favourite.

As for Bruce he wont be sacked, he`s probably the only manager delighted that there are no fans in the stadiums, especially at St James Park.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1