British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

10 minutes ago, screm said:

Rumours of a meeting at Chelsea today to talk about Lampard`s future, Brendan Rogers seems hot favourite.

As for Bruce he wont be sacked, he`s probably the only manager delighted that there are no fans in the stadiums, especially at St James Park.

Have you shrugged off your Covid, Screm?

Chelsea will have to stump up around £20 million to get Rodgers out of his contract. He’s apparently within the three highest paid managers of the league - annoying the last time he was linked to a big six club led to a bumper new contract for him and our form fell off a cliff. 

Was also told he annoyed a few at Chelsea when he was at Liverpool and they got very annoyed when he was loaned Musonda at Celtic, played him for 4 games. Loan deal was cut short by a year. 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Have you shrugged off your Covid, Screm?

Finished my ten day isolation on Jan 2nd, now back at work. Generally I feel fine, the only real symptom I had from Covid was loss of taste and smell which remains and could take a few days to get back I have been told by NHS, who I have to say were great with phone calls every two or three days, but it seems I didn't get quite as bad as others.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Predictable that Lampard would be the media's new target. A month ago it was Solskjaer but he won a few games so move on to Arteta, Arsenal then have a good week so on to the next...

For all the talk about Chelsea's squad and the money they spent I just don't see them being good enough to challenge. Ziyech is a good player, Havertz has the talent and needs time especially as he seems to have struggled recovering from Covid but he's not really at top level yet and I don't really rate any of their other signings. Questions need to be asked more of their recruitment team rather than the manager

Edited by The Cheese
  • Like 1

It’s what the media do, pile into a high profile manager at a high profile club when things aren’t going well. Bottom line is that six (effectively seven nowadays with Leicester) won’t go into four so somebody will have failed come the end of the season but passing judgement is best done exactly then. 

• Like 1

Brentfords Dom Thompson  has joined Swindon on loan till end of the season

Cracking result for us that , go three points clear at the top should we win our game in hand over Liverpool. 

Should we beat Burnley this week and then Liverpool , I really can see us going for the title.

11 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Cracking result for us that , go three points clear at the top should we win our game in hand over Liverpool. 

Should we beat Burnley this week and then Liverpool , I really can see us going for the title.

Its good to dream i spose ... ;)

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Pinny said:

It was a good result for all the chasing pack.Man City looking pretty good against Chelsea the other night.Think they may even be favourites now.

Liverpool beat by the weather before they started,can't believe every single Liverpool player went out with short sleeved shirts with long sleeved under garments.Some footballers are wimps nowadays and it wasn't even cold:blink:

Southampton deserved their win with Liverpool not even testing the goalkeeper properly.And let's not forget Liverpool fans always bemoan about Virgil being out and the other centre half,Southampton started without 4 of their first teamers last night right through the spine of their team.

This has the making of a great season with the winner probably not being known until the last game of the season.7pts between the top 10 at the moment.

Edited by tellboy

I certainly do t think Liverpool need ‘sympathy’ but many people seem to be brushing over the fact they had two midfielders playing in central defence. Doesn’t explain firing blanks in two successive games of course. 

The Arse beat Lipool 3 times last season, so they're far from invincible. Great to see the league so open this season. Leicester would be top on away results!

Still think we need a good few signings now. Would love Koulibaly from Napoli or some one similiar at center back, what a signing he would be.

I bet Dortmund are kicking themselves that they didn't take our offer for Sancho in the summer... he looks a shadow of the player he was last season. I would like to see United signing him but not for the money Dortmund are asking.

A must win game now against Burnley which will really test our metal.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:54 AM, auntie doris said:

The Arse beat Lipool 3 times last season, so they're far from invincible. Great to see the league so open this season. Leicester would be top on away results!

If your including the Community Shield, that was this season:t:

Sterling been binge eating over christmas?