British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

How do teams field strongest side with so many games coming in quick succession, there needs to be some rotation with a squad, ok injuries play a part in a season but every side needs a relatively big squad to succeed

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

You’ve got two of those strikers already, Cavani and Greenwood.

And to be fair, although he’s not a poacher, Rashford would score 20 goals a season if he were played at centre-forward rather than on the wing (just like Greenwood at present).

Cavani and Greenwood capable of scoring 20 league goals each over a full league season? I don’t think so. 

We need a Harry Kane type player in there. An out and out marksman who will guarantee a heavy amount every season. Rashford prefers playing on the wing and has became a much better player since doing so  

Edited by Pinny
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Cavani and Greenwood capable of scoring 20 league goals each over a full league season? I don’t think so. 

We need a Harry Kane type player in there. An out and out marksman who will guarantee a heavy amount every season. Rashford prefers playing on the wing and has became a much better player since doing so  

How many matches has it taken Cavani to score 5?

17 minutes ago, DC2 said:

How many matches has it taken Cavani to score 5?

You mean 4? 

Cavani is not a 20 + goal scoring machine anymore. In his peak, quite possibly. 

11 minutes ago, Pinny said:

You mean 4? 

Cavani is not a 20 + goal scoring machine anymore. In his peak, quite possibly. 

Out of those 13 appearances he has only started 4 though.

Think DC2 is including his goal in the CL.

I think Cavani would score 20+ if he started games.His work rate and movement is excellent he puts some of the younger ones ie Martial to shame.Cavani in for Martial every day of the week to give us that goal threat,work rate and passion just as we should be expecting from a Utd player.It seems to me Martial has none of those mentioned.

• Like 3

Apart from Maddison’s restrained goal celebration last week the hugging, spitting , goal keeper spitting on gloves continues.....

• Sad 1

Man Ure 1 (Bottom of the Premier League) Sheffield United 2

What a great day to be a Liverpool fan...:lol::party::party:

24 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Man Ure 1 (Bottom of the Premier League) Sheffield United 2

What a great day to be a Liverpool fan...:lol::party::party:

You should have waited a couple of hours before posting that!  :D

According to Mail On Line Torquay United are accused of forgery and fraud by a former player. Torquay have been contacted repeatedly by Sportsmail but as yet haven't replied.

Any idea who owns Torquay these days?

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Easy United fans, don’t  go overboard because of one defeat. You are still a point off top. 

Clear to see that the BBC still have an agenda, their headline this morning relates to an ‘inquest’ after last night’s defeat and they’ve wanted Ole out from the word go. .

In that sense its not the end of the world. I didn't expect us to win anything this season. I personally think that he will have done a good job to finish in the top 4, taking every competition seriously - so i am pretty satisfied at an overall level we are a better side and he's done well to get results after a slow and indifferent strat.

However at the same time Ole has said he needs to win something, the players want to win something. It doesn't stack up when you see the effort, commitment, desire to win and a consistent pattern of poor performances in important games.

Losing to Sheffield United was the first time a Yorkshire club has ever won in the PL at OT in the PL era (Opta Joe), it was the 1st time in 46 years that Sheffield United have won at OT.

Losing to bottom of the table who had 1 league win all season, is the type of game that a successful and ruthless team doesn't struggle to score in and doesn't lose. 

10 hours ago, The Cheese said:

It's not just Martial who's out of form for United, Rashford has been poor in probably 80% of games this year and Greenwood has been much quieter than last season. It's obvious to say but you aren't going to win or even seriously challenge for a title if your strikers aren't playing well. Fernandes has been average in the last few weeks also. They've got a tough set of fixtures coming up so it'll be interesting to see how they react, as poor as they were last night they only really lost because De Gea made two errors. 

Sheffield United deserved that bit of luck though. Whenever I've seen them this season they haven't played that badly. You'd expect a side that far adrift to be getting hammered every week but that's not the case, most of those defeats have been by 1 goal. They're basically paying the price for signing a keeper who's not good enough and spending £40m on two strikers who are Championship standard. 

Sheffield United definitely deserved a bit of luck they have been in a lot of games this season and not got anything, but last year they'd have got results in those games.

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

Out of those 13 appearances he has only started 4 though.

Think DC2 is including his goal in the CL.

I think Cavani would score 20+ if he started games.His work rate and movement is excellent he puts some of the younger ones ie Martial to shame.Cavani in for Martial every day of the week to give us that goal threat,work rate and passion just as we should be expecting from a Utd player.It seems to me Martial has none of those mentioned.

Now that Cavani is fit enough, he should be starting most games.

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

You should have waited a couple of hours before posting that!  :D

Tottenham 1 Liverpool 3 ..... It’s still a great day to be a Liverpool fan..:party:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Tottenham 1 Liverpool 3 ..... It’s still a great day to be a Liverpool fan..:party:

Been a while since you've been able to say that:wink:

• Haha 1

Been a while since the Spammers have been top London side in table. Spurs and Liverpool looked favourites early on now it's City. Far more interesting than last year. All Pools' away wins have been in London.Totteringham are wobbling:party:Arsenal v Man U Saturday, Red Devils unbeaten away for a year!

Edited by auntie doris

I don’t know whether Leicester should take it as a sign of respect but the second half tactics by Everton were very defensive. Took some luck for the reward but another sign of the improvement across the year. Await with baited breath regards N’Didi’s injury - difference between good and great he is. 

There was a feeling of irony though as Everton took up a 4-5-1 formation, reliant on set pieces and sportsmanship to aid time wasting. Big Sam was hounded out for that. 

8 hours ago, Hazzman said:

I don’t know whether Leicester should take it as a sign of respect but the second half tactics by Everton were very defensive. Took some luck for the reward but another sign of the improvement across the year. Await with baited breath regards N’Didi’s injury - difference between good and great he is. 

There was a feeling of irony though as Everton took up a 4-5-1 formation, reliant on set pieces and sportsmanship to aid time wasting. Big Sam was hounded out for that. 

When the urbane Carlo does it, it becomes a tactical masterpiece.

• Haha 1