British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

I am able to see every game of my team Brentford  either on proper TV or "I follow"

Everton 0 Newcastle 2 :o

• Haha 3

We got Warnocked unfortunately, didn’t even get a shot on target. He and any team he manages are experts the the art of sh ithousery.

45 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

We got Warnocked unfortunately, didn’t even get a shot on target. He and any team he manages are experts the the art of sh ithousery.

Yet, the Boro have lost their last three home meetings, the last one by 0 - 3 this week.

Brentford FC dedicated today's match and program to fans that died in 2020.  Those that died had their names read out before the match , printed in program and a minutes applause before kick off.   My brother was amongst those mentioned.  I have sent  programs  of the event to his wife in Thailand and to members of our ever depleted family.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yet, the Boro have lost their last three home meetings, the last one by 0 - 3 this week.

I think that probably didn’t help matters, they came to stifle and frustrate us and go away with a point which unfortunately we allowed them to do by being a little off colour. Referee bought into their histrionics too with every foul resulting in screaming and rolling around although difficult to argue with the Buendia red card, he is now suspended for our two away games this week the second of which is a massive fixture at Swansea. Them and Brentford closed the gap a little today, going to be an interesting (and terrifying probably) second half of the season. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think that probably didn’t help matters, they came to stifle and frustrate us and go away with a point which unfortunately we allowed them to do by being a little off colour. Referee bought into their histrionics too with every foul resulting in screaming and rolling around although difficult to argue with the Buendia red card, he is now suspended for our two away games this week the second of which is a massive fixture at Swansea. Them and Brentford closed the gap a little today, going to be an interesting (and terrifying probably) second half of the season. 

At least it should be a really good game against Swansea with both sides playing attractive football 

• Like 1

Got taught a lesson today in how you gave yourself the base to win a football game by desire, pressing and being first to the ball. 

Outside of Liverpool, I’d say Leeds were the first to deservedly beat us (ie no complaints or what if’s)

9 hours ago, Hazzman said:

Got taught a lesson today in how you gave yourself the base to win a football game by desire, pressing and being first to the ball. 

Outside of Liverpool, I’d say Leeds were the first to deservedly beat us (ie no complaints or what if’s)

Fair play to Leeds, never allowed us to get into the rhythm we had against Everton. The sooner Maddison is relieved of taking the set pieces the better, his delivery has been terrible for the last 2 years.

1 hour ago, Elmo said:

Fair play to Leeds, never allowed us to get into the rhythm we had against Everton. The sooner Maddison is relieved of taking the set pieces the better, his delivery has been terrible for the last 2 years.

Don't worry about Maddison, you obviously don't want him,  so we'll have him back at Cov where he belongs  ;)  can you arrange the loan today please as we can't afford to buy him,  thanks. 

Edited by jrs

1 hour ago, jrs said:

Don't worry about Maddison, you obviously don't want him,  so we'll have him back at Cov where he belongs  ;)  can you arrange the loan today please as we can't afford to buy him,  thanks. 

... and Callum Wilson ;)

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 9:03 PM, CrystalCastles said:

At least it should be a really good game against Swansea with both sides playing attractive football 

If you watched the Swansea/ Brentford game ,Brentford most unlucky to only draw. Personally thought  they were much  better side throughout , but then I am biased

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

If you watched the Swansea/ Brentford game ,Brentford most unlucky to only draw. Personally thought  they were much  better side throughout , but then I am biased

I didn't watch or catch any of the game unfortunately. But I know Brentford also play very good football. So I am not surprised, if Swansea shut up shop and settled for a point.

Sometimes you have to just take a point and move on.

I expect the Swansea v Norwich game to be very similar - both will be going into the game with the intention of playing with a positive style, Keeping the ball and attacking intent to try and score. 

However given the current positions of both sides in the table I think if it's tight then they'll both be looking at a drawn game and taking a point as a good result.

Edited by CrystalCastles

6 minutes ago, CrystalCastles said:

I didn't watch or catch any of the game unfortunately. But I know Brentford also play very good football. So I am not surprised, if Swansea shut up shop and settled for a point.

Sometimes you have to just take a point and move on.

I expect the Swansea v Norwich game to be very similar - both will be going into the game with the intention of playing with a positive style, Keeping the ball and attacking intent to try and score. 

However given the current positions of both sides in the table I think if it's tight then they'll both be looking at a drawn game and taking a point as a good result.

You seem to be feigning an interest in Welsh football now that United are slipping.  :D

Fancy a prawn sandwich?

• Like 1