British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

29 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You seem to be feigning an interest in Welsh football now that United are slipping.  :D

Fancy a prawn sandwich?

Think Utd are only slipping to a more realistic position to where most of their own fans and critics expected them to be at the start of the season.Having said that,many teams in and around 2nd place keep slipping up not just Utd.City again though keep ploughing on,and at this point in time it's looking hard for any team to catch them.If they beat Liverpool at the weekend you can start etching their name on the trophy again imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

You seem to be feigning an interest in Welsh football now that United are slipping.  :D

Fancy a prawn sandwich?

Generally, i have more of an interest in international football now.

I support Newport County as well as Man United.

I very rarely would post about Swansea or Cardiff atm, as I have moved in with my partner who dislikes football and don't watch as much as I once did.

Overall though,I like to see all Welsh sides do well in the framework of the English league, as it improves the chances of Wales doing well.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 9:41 AM, Midland Red said:

Special goal from Mo Salah yesterday

.... but he’s no Luis Suarez - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55834354

A fangtastic free-kick from him at the weekend, the keeper had gnaw chance. 

Simeone showed great wisdom in signing him, he's added some bite to an attack that was toothless and now they look set to be crowned champions. Probably has another season at the top level before chewing over his future and filling his boots in the USA, possibly at GNashville. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, The Cheese said:

A fangtastic free-kick from him at the weekend, the keeper had gnaw chance. 

Simeone showed great wisdom in signing him, he's added some bite to an attack that was toothless and now they look set to be crowned champions. Probably has another season at the top level before chewing over his future and filling his boots in the USA, possibly at GNashville. 

I think you've bitten off more than you can chew here. He needs to shoulder some responsibility for these incident-ures, or get a taste of his own medicine. I will admit though, you really can't say he sucks as a player...

• Haha 1

Looks like Villas-Boas has something against Oliver Ntcham. Club sign him on loan and the manager leaves !!! :D

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Looks like Villas-Boas has something against Oliver Ntcham. Club sign him on loan and the manager leaves !!! :D

I think telling the club he didn’t want Ntcham then only finding out they had signed him after looking at the clubs website didn’t go down well.

He also claims he was not told about the sale of Radonjic, so it seems like he felt he was being undermined by the owner.

2 minutes ago, Tim G said:

so it seems like he felt he was being undermined by the owner.

A rare occurrence in football... :rofl:

AV-B has always seemed a bit of an old ball to me :o

Sancho in the last 8 games, 5 goals, 5  assists and still 45 minutes.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Midland Red said:

AV-B has always seemed a bit of an old ball to me :o

He grew up in a well off family. So I don’t think his desire for success is larger than most. He drove in the Paris to Dakar rally! 

12 hours ago, iris123 said:

Sancho in the last 8 games, 5 goals, 5  assists and still 45 minutes.....

Unfortunately the rest of the Dortmund team haven’t done so well!

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Unfortunately the rest of the Dortmund team haven’t done so well!

Thanks for repeating what I already posted a couple of weeks back :D

It is a team in a bit of a crisis. Despite that Sancho hasn't done bad

Dortmund went to sleep in the second half although Sancho laid on a decent chance in the first couple of minutes and near the end missed a couple of good chances himself, then went off injured. But Paderborn came out on the attack and were the better team and only lost to a questionable goal. In fact their trainer will probably get into trouble for questioning it, even though he is correct t do so 

Edited by iris123

Brentford without doubt our biggest threat this season. Massive game at CR on 3rd March. 

Meanwhile small matter of Swansea away on Friday.....

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Brentford without doubt our biggest threat this season. Massive game at CR on 3rd March. 

Meanwhile small matter of Swansea away on Friday.....

Think you will sneak the play-offs Bagpuss.:P

Great to see the Scousers get beat again this evening:rolleyes:.Thoroughly deserved win for Brighton too imo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

Thoroughly deserved win for Brighton too imo.

I've said all along that Brighton are too good to go down.