British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

A542906B-F02C-48DA-B87D-FF44A7D5C993.png

Many thanks for that Baggy. When he left Newcastle I've always looked for him, and  saw him star when on the tele in cup matches. He wasn't good enough for Newcastle, but he was a really good player who organised things and scored a few goals. He left the TOON together with another player who also went on to play well and I though at the time Newcastle might have been a bit too quick to get rid of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, screm said:

Story of the day has to be in the Doncaster v Hull game, Hull are winning 2-3 when forty year old James Coppinger steps up to equalise in the 12th minute of injury time. Cpooinger is retiring at the end of the season and has played over 600 games for Doncaster, what made today extra special for him was Doncaster played in a kit designed by Coppinger with the proceeds going to charity. I`d say that qualifies as a good day.

It was a top quality free kick as well. Great story.

2 hours ago, screm said:

Story of the day has to be in the Doncaster v Hull game, Hull are winning 2-3 when forty year old James Coppinger steps up to equalise in the 12th minute of injury time. Cpooinger is retiring at the end of the season and has played over 600 games for Doncaster, what made today extra special for him was Doncaster played in a kit designed by Coppinger with the proceeds going to charity. I`d say that qualifies as a good day.

Bloomin annoying for Chris Pooinger that James Coppinger pops up and steals his limelight!  :D

Well, with Fulham winning tonight, they are only 3 points behnd the TOON and played 1 game more. That game is tomorrow against Man U, so it looks like we are likely to go down as Bruce is not capable of winning that game and not many more of the rest of the fixtures. Fulham have turned it around with new signings and playing some decent Football which we are not capable of. If we get relegated we will not be back up for many years, and Ashley will probably lose over £100million on the sale price of the club. Tight with money and only interested at selling, but not buying. :angry:

6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Well, with Fulham winning tonight, they are only 3 points behnd the TOON and played 1 game more. That game is tomorrow against Man U, so it looks like we are likely to go down as Bruce is not capable of winning that game and not many more of the rest of the fixtures. Fulham have turned it around with new signings and playing some decent Football which we are not capable of. If we get relegated we will not be back up for many years, and Ashley will probably lose over £100million on the sale price of the club. Tight with money and only interested at selling, but not buying. :angry:

i have been followingFulham and their scores etc . they have pulled it around in the last few weeks and play good football ... Scott Parker has his hands full and i hope he can avoid the drop .with Scott being an ex iron i believe he can do it .my colours are  claret and blue .

how do you wish  both teams  well,  with not much between them ?

Hope Fulham stay up, as said they have played some good football and have something likeable about the side. 

Hope to see them survive and Newcastle drop , Newcastle really do bore me. 

Pleased for Lookman and Loftus-Cheek who look like they could do well in a better team.

Also great to see the wheels come falling off at Liverpool. Four home defeats in a row. 

can say what they like regarding injuries - most teams have have a few this season to key players. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Many thanks for that Baggy. When he left Newcastle I've always looked for him, and  saw him star when on the tele in cup matches. He wasn't good enough for Newcastle, but he was a really good player who organised things and scored a few goals. He left the TOON together with another player who also went on to play well and I though at the time Newcastle might have been a bit too quick to get rid of them. 

17 years after leaving Exeter I think it's time to accept we won't be getting anything from his sell-on clause! :D

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pinny said:

Hope Fulham stay up, as said they have played some good football and have something likeable about the side. 

Imagine how we the fans feel and we pay to to watch this rubbish. According to our critics like Wise, Kinnear, Rio F, Simon Jordan, Andy Gray, Richard Keys, etc, it all the fans faulty expecting too much. A few years ago all the promoted clubs, who I think were Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Brighton, all spend near £100m on new players. On the other hand, after escaping relegation yet again, after sales and buying, Ashley made a £1m profit. He admits he is not a football man, and just bought Newcastle to match his mate who was vice president of Spurs  at the time. Spurs had already refused to take him on board with them. It's going to take relegation, and Ashley selling for £250M, for us to get back to a straight relationship with the fans but unfortunately a lot like me will have gone from supporting the club, who could usually command 50k crowds even in relegation seasons. Sad days ahead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Imagine how we the fans feel and we pay to to watch this rubbish. According to our critics like Wise, Kinnear, Rio F, Simon Jordan, Andy Gray, Richard Keys, etc, it all the fans faulty expecting too much. A few years ago all the promoted clubs, who I think were Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Brighton, all spend near £100m on new players. On the other hand, after escaping relegation yet again, after sales and buying, Ashley made a £1m profit. He admits he is not a football man, and just bought Newcastle to match his mate who was vice president of Spurs  at the time. Spurs had already refused to take him on board with them. It's going to take relegation, and Ashley selling for £250M, for us to get back to a straight relationship with the fans but unfortunately a lot like me will have gone from supporting the club, who could usually command 50k crowds even in relegation seasons. Sad days ahead.

My dislike of the club is nothing to do with the fans btw... its the buffoons in charge. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Bruce and his gang seem to have been in denial of late about being in a relegation battle, well if they did think that they surely cant think that now.

Under Bruce Newcastle are doomed.

17 hours ago, Pinny said:

That`s you off the Christmas card list then .;)

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

My dislike of the club is nothing to do with the fans btw... its the buffoons in charge. 

Hopefully that will end with a takeover.