British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Spurs and Arsenal now involved in a battle to be 3rd best London team

Spurs really are painful to watch under Mourinho. It'll be interesting to see how the crowd react to his negativity when they're allowed back in. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Spurs really are painful to watch under Mourinho. It'll be interesting to see how the crowd react to his negativity when they're allowed back in. 

It’s been said before but he’s a busted flush, his tactics are years out of date. Why on earth would you play like that with the front four he has at his disposal? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Red Flag said:

Spurs and Arsenal now involved in a battle to be 3rd best London team

Wolves will be 3rd. Best Midlands team

Lee Bowyer resigns as Addicks boss..bleedin useless, signs 20 players and won't make play-offs

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Wolves will be 3rd. Best Midlands team

I would say Villa are certainly the best midlands team and as long as they can keep hold of Grealish and make a few more good signings, I think they will cement that. 

Wolves did show early promise of progressing to push the top 4, although I wasnt fully convinced , and have now found their level maybe. Where is Bwitcher anyway , we had a double or quits bet I think! 

Edited by Pinny
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

I would say Villa are certainly the best midlands team and as long as they can keep hold of Grealish and make a few more good signings, I think they will cement that. 

Wolves did show early promise of progressing to push the top 4, although I wasnt fully convinced , and have now found their level maybe. Where is Bwitcher anyway , we had a double or quits bet I think! 

Leicester are the best.

Posted (edited)

The Midlands was a strong football region in the 70s..Forest champions in 78..you also had West Brom, Coventry, Villa, Birmingham, Derby, Wolves, Leicester in top div. Stoke and Notts County also had spells in top div. Arsenal were the only London club in top half that season.

Edited by auntie doris

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

The Midlands was a strong football region in the 70s..Forest champions in 78..you also had West Brom, Coventry, Villa, Birmingham, Derby, Wolves, Leicester in top div. Arsenal were the only London club in top half.

Yes covered by good old ATV's "Star Soccer" on a Sunday with with Hugh Johns!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Yes covered by good old ATV's "Star Soccer" on a Sunday with with Hugh Johns!

The man with the biggest hands in football!

8 hours ago, auntie doris said:

The Midlands was a strong football region in the 70s..Forest champions in 78..you also had West Brom, Coventry, Villa, Birmingham, Derby, Wolves, Leicester in top div. Stoke and Notts County also had spells in top div. Arsenal were the only London club in top half that season.

The Leicester team in the 70s saw our longest spell in the top flight. Big reputation as entertainers

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2021 at 8:20 PM, Hazzman said:

The Leicester team in the 70s saw our longest spell in the top flight. Big reputation as entertainers

I remember them winning at Highbury 4-2 one season, and losing 3 FA Cup Finals in 60s. Frank McLintock, Arsenal captain, was ex Leicester. Banks, Shilton, Nish, Cross, Clarke, Glover, Norman, Sjoberg, King, Appleton, Goodfellow, Stringfellow, Gibson, Dougan, Wallington, Lockhead, Fern, Weller, Worthington, Whitworth, Sammels...........

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DC2 said:

Leicester are the best.

Nonsense ! Coventry are by far the best team in the Midlands. And will return to former glories. They have suffered from various conspiracies over the years,  and the latest involves the old enemy Leicester loaning Coventry a supposedly good player,  and he's been nothing but a disaster and I do believe that since he signed in January we've only won one match and we're in trouble. Deliberate attempt by the enemy to disrupt our young team's rythymn and progress. Not to mention how Leicester conspired with Norwich to prise away get their hands on one of out best academy products. It's all a conspiracy I say.  Bloody football    :angry:

;)

• Haha 3

Solihull Moors for me.

• Haha 1

Brentford and Swansea starting to feel the pressure, both dropping points last night. Brentford in particular as they were two up and cruising. Watford looking very good, looks at the moment like a shootout between them and us for the title. 

• Like 1