British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Would of been good to see someone other than Norwich come up , it gets a bit boring seeing the same sides coming up each year but cant deny they deserve it after this season. 

12 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Would of been good to see someone other than Norwich come up , it gets a bit boring seeing the same sides coming up each year but cant deny they deserve it after this season. 

Really?

I’ve loved watching United go up and down.  Although mainly down, of course.  :D

19 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Hopefully Brentford and Barnsley will do the business and join us. 

37 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Hopefully Brentford and Barnsley will do the business and join us. 

Would love to see Brenford go up, for so long they looked the best team in the division.  Since losing to Barnsley, QPR and Coventry  we do not look the same team  and I fear we will blow it again

Spurs shocking again tonight, I thought Sunday was bad but this was a different level.

32 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Would love to see Brenford go up, for so long they looked the best team in the division.  Since losing to Barnsley, QPR and Coventry  we do not look the same team  and I fear we will blow it again

Watford have a nasty run in so keep the faith. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Spurs shocking again tonight, I thought Sunday was bad but this was a different level.

Think he will be gone by morning ....How long is Kane going to waste at Spurs ? time to move on while your at your peak the spurs project is dead 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

Think he will be gone by morning ....How long is Kane going to waste at Spurs ? time to move on while your at your peak the spurs project is dead 

The pay off might save him as it’s a reported £35 million.

The problem Kane is going too have is who is going to pay big cash for him now he’s 28. Can’t see Levy doing business for much less than £100 million in the summer and who has got that money at the moment.

2 hours ago, Tim G said:

The pay off might save him as it’s a reported £35 million.

The problem Kane is going too have is who is going to pay big cash for him now he’s 28. Can’t see Levy doing business for much less than £100 million in the summer and who has got that money at the moment.

Top  center forwards are thin on the ground and the four biggest clubs in the world need one .. i doubt if anyone would  be worried about giving a 28 year old a  4 year deal ... i think a top club would find the money for Kane .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, orion said:

Top  center forwards are thin on the ground and the four biggest clubs in the world need one .. i doubt if anyone would  be worried about giving a 28 year old a  4 year deal ... i think a top club would find the money for Kane .

Is Kane worth the money though. Guaranteed to miss between 25-30% of every season through injury 

40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Is Kane worth the money though. Guaranteed to miss between 25-30% of every season through injury 

He’s guaranteed to score 20+ in the other 70-75% of the season so absolutely yes. 

• Like 4

Arrogant as always, Mourinho never takes the blame, and while he thinks footballers have inflated opinions of themselves, he doesn’t include himself in that:

"Football is not just about players who think they have more quality than others. The basis of football is attitude. They beat us on that."

If only he could learn that lesson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56451396

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

He’s guaranteed to score 20+ in the other 70-75% of the season so absolutely yes. 

I get that, but for a Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern München, etc, where people say Kane should be, it's still not good enough.

Expectations are so much higher, missing a quarter of a season year in year out isn't acceptable. It's a reason why many Manchester United fans get frustrated with Pogba. 

Big clubs don't want the financial risk of a £100m player 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I get that, but for a Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern München, etc, where people say Kane should be, it's still not good enough.

Expectations are so much higher, missing a quarter of a season year in year out isn't acceptable. It's a reason why many Manchester United fans get frustrated with Pogba. 

Big clubs don't want the financial risk of a £100m player 

I think both  Manchester teams would be more that happy if told them they had a forward who would score 20 a season   In fact its goldust .

In last 6 seasons Kane has ave 32 .66 games  per Pl  season not bad by anyones standard   sergio aguero  for example  is  29 for  over the same time  and Neymar is 28 league games in 3 seasons in France  ..so not only is Kane stats good it also shows big clubs have accepted much lover stats than  Kane 

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

The Times seems to think they will put Mourinho on gardening leave, so they just put his wages in the same manner as the norm and hope he finds a new employer. Nagelsmann to take the role. 

Really Spurs should be taking more stick - they furloughed a number of staff and then took out a loan with the Bank of England. All whilst signing Bale on a ridiculous loan agreement and now appearing they want to rid of their manager. Financially they appear a basket case