Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jrs said:

I'd be happy to have his intellect thank you !!  I won't tell you what you're known as on the forum  :D

Michael Foot was a good Parliamentarian in my opinion even if one didn't agree with his views he was a good orator (as was Tony Benn).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Edited by Bagpuss

Share this post


Link to post

City got out of jail last night but you take your luck when you get it, will be close again in the second leg.

Share this post


Link to post

Bellingham looked very impressive. Was expecting Dortmund to struggle big time. City to drop a bollok yet again when they are one of the favourites....probably the best team in the world, I keep hearing

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Bellingham looked very impressive. Was expecting Dortmund to struggle big time. City to drop a bollok yet again when they are one of the favourites....probably the best team in the world, I keep hearing

Would like to see City win it but can see Bayern or Real Madrid winning this year.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Would like to see City win it but can see Bayern or Real Madrid winning this year.

If that is the choice and add PSG, then i'm with you. But I sort of prefer Dortmund to all the teams left

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

 

That was supposed to be a 7 gif but it didn’t work :blink:

Anyway sensational stuff from my boys last night, Harlem Globetrotters esque at times. Promotion can be secured Saturday although I’m pretty sure we have enough points already. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

That was supposed to be a 7 gif but it didn’t work :blink:

Anyway sensational stuff from my boys last night, Harlem Globetrotters esque at times. Promotion can be secured Saturday although I’m pretty sure we have enough points already. 

I was hoping that it wasn't going to be abandoned  because of the snow. Great show.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Bellingham looked very impressive. Was expecting Dortmund to struggle big time. City to drop a bollok yet again when they are one of the favourites....probably the best team in the world, I keep hearing

Yes, I liked the look of Bellingham. I wonder what his best position might become? He probably won’t become incisive enough to be a Grealish or Mount but maybe tidying up and picking passes in front of the defence like Busquets? He could well be better than Phillips and Rice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

That was supposed to be a 7 gif but it didn’t work :blink:

Anyway sensational stuff from my boys last night, Harlem Globetrotters esque at times. Promotion can be secured Saturday although I’m pretty sure we have enough points already. 

Are Aarons, Cantwell and Buendia likely to stay if  when you go back up?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

Are Aarons, Cantwell and Buendia likely to stay if  when you go back up?

Hopefully but probably not. Wouldn’t be surprised if Aarons’ departure has already been sorted, the other two I’m more hopeful about but Buendia in particular is so creative and was in the PL last season that somebody is bound to want him. 

You just hope they all feel that they have unfinished business here and agree to stay for one more season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Let's all spare a moment for the residents of Arizona

The new Ipswich Town owners are apparently significantly backed by the Arizona State pension fund  

The financial performance of the fund will now be strongly linked to a planned return to the Premiership for 'The Town'

Let's just say I'm very pleased my pension has not such link!!

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/8/2021 at 1:43 PM, Bagpuss said:

Hopefully but probably not. Wouldn’t be surprised if Aarons’ departure has already been sorted, the other two I’m more hopeful about but Buendia in particular is so creative and was in the PL last season that somebody is bound to want him. 

You just hope they all feel that they have unfinished business here and agree to stay for one more season. 

When I used to watch Lewis, I thought he was very good, but unfortunately he's been found out at times, and has had groin problems. Whilst I watched your games I also looked for Cantwell and admired his commitment and running to get more involved. I would still like to see him at the TOON, but we already have Almiron with a similar style. Interestingly Almiron and his agent are talking about wanting to play for a 'more thinking forward club', and who can blame him. If that happens at the end of this season, and we are still in the Premiership, Cantwell would be a decent replacement if you were selling.  

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

When I used to watch Lewis, I thought he was very good, but unfortunately he's been found out at times, and has had groin problems. Whilst I watched your games I also looked for Cantwell and admired his commitment and running to get more involved. I would still like to see him at the TOON, but we already have Almiron with a similar style. Interestingly Almiron and his agent are talking about wanting to play for a 'more thinking forward club', and who can blame him. If that happens at the end of this season, and we are still in the Premiership, Cantwell would be a decent replacement if you were selling.  

Todd will be a top player one day soon, I think he is the least likely of the three to leave in the summer though. 

As for Lewis, he was excellent the season we got promoted but amongst many others struggled last term, we got good money for him and Godfrey and in many peoples eyes have strengthened both positions by signing Gibson and Giannoulis, although most people recognise Ben will be a top, top player in the future and potentially England captain. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy