British Speedway Forum
ch958

Lottery

if I had £10 to play the Thunderball would I stand more chance of winning if i put all 10 on one draw or 5 each on 2 draws?

and I know the real answer is no fkin chance for either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

if I had £10 to play the Thunderball would I stand more chance of winning if i put all 10 on one draw or 5 each on 2 draws?

and I know the real answer is no fkin chance for either

It’s still better chance than dying from covid B)

• Haha 3

OK, I'll have a stab at this.

According to here, the chance of winning any prize is 1 in 13 or 0.0769 (to four decimal places) or 7.69%.

Therefore, if you play ten lines on one draw, the chance of winning is 0.0769 * 10 = 0.769 or 76.9%.

If you play five lines on two draws the chance of winning is on each draw is 0.0769 * 5 = 0.3846 or 38.46%

However, because the draws are completely independent, you chances of winning are not increased by playing in an additional week.

Therefore, you are better off play ten lines in one draw.

Of course, this doesn't take into account the prizes, which are most likely going to be £3 or £5, therefore you are unlikely to make a profit.

I don't want £3 or £5, I want 500,000! Really interesting reply MK, I usually do 5 on Tues, 5 on Weds most weeks, mugs game I know. Perhaps from now on I'll do 10 on Tuesdays which I'm guessing is the least subscribed draw. Anyway, there's a pint in it for you haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ch958 said:

I usually do 5 on Tues, 5 on Weds most weeks

Out of interest, how many times have you won anything?

6 hours ago, June01 said:

Out of interest, how many times have you won anything?

3/5/10 couple of times a month, usually 3

The lottery is the worst gamble of any bets. A tax on the poor

If you do a horse placepot they take out 23% the lottery 50%. Roulette down to under 2 % takeout

Gave up doing the lottery many years ago...infact I don't gamble in anyway at all other than playful sweepstakes but, again, haven't done one of those in yonks!