British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chunky

Fairytale of New York...

14 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Personally I'm with you with that one in particular...otherwise I'm a sucker for a good christmas themed song. One of my favourites is Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas" or the David Bowie/ Bing Crosby duet "Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth".

Yep, Greg Lake’s and Slade’s.

• Like 1

Stop right there ...................   is that another damned Christmas song :o

1 minute ago, Badge said:

The guy's power crazy!!!

:rofl:

Nor at all! I'm leaving Humph to stew on this one, while the rest of us can have fun somewhere else! :rofl:

42 minutes ago, ancient mariner said:

Back on topic ........

I hate the bloody song and would be happy if it was never ever played again. Along with every other Christmas themed song. All of them rubbish.

Bah humbug

As a Pogues fan I have to say, it is one of my least favourite songs of theirs

I have no doubt that by the Beeb censoring the Pogues & Kirsty Mccoll it will promote them to number 1 for Christmas.

Look what censorship did for Jack & Diane ( John Melencap) & the theme from M*A*S*H Suicide is painless.

But just remember it's not Christmas until Noddy Holder say's so.

• Haha 4

If people don't agree with the censorship then does listen to Radio 1.  Radio 2 are  playing the original version , as are other radio stations. 

I also find it strange that there's no complaints about a woman being called a , or the references to drug abuse 

The most ironic thing is that the more publicity it's given the more the original will get played. Who decides whats offensive? There's plenty songs out there with far worse lyrics than FONY , are we going to go through them all line by line before we decide what's fit for airplay ? 

• Like 1

I do wonder if anyone is genuinely offended to the detriment of their well being by hearing a word used in a context that is not aimed directly at them as a personal attack. 

It just seems that everything is being scanned & scrutinised by the baying mob looking for offence where none is intended.  "That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah" springs to mind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DSC67 said:

If people don't agree with the censorship then does listen to Radio 1.  Radio 2 are  playing the original version , as are other radio stations. 

Which makes absolutely no sense - not that we should expect it to...

7 hours ago, DSC67 said:

I also find it strange that there's no complaints about a woman being called a , or the references to drug abuse 

Which tells you everything you need to know about modern society. And so-called "equality", of course...

1 hour ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I do wonder if anyone is genuinely offended to the detriment of their well being by hearing a word used in a context that is not aimed directly at them as a personal attack. 

It just seems that everything is being scanned & scrutinised by the baying mob looking for offence where none is intended.  

Nail on the head! :t: You can't say "Good Morning" these days, without somebody questioning your intent!

The main issue for me is that people actually seem more concerned about what others could be offended by, rather than thinking, "is that actually offensive"?

Edited by chunky
  • Like 6