Sign in to follow this  
chunky

Best/Worst Christmas Songs

10 hours ago, steve roberts said:

"I'll Be Home For Christmas" - Doris Day

Sinatra's version was the best...

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Sinatra's version was the best...

Great fan of "ol blue eyes". My favourite song sung by Frank is "I've Got You Under My Skin"...lyrics by Cole Porter and arranged by Nelson Riddle. Simply superb! In fact probably my favourite song of all time.

8 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Great fan of "ol blue eyes". My favourite song sung by Frank is "I've Got You Under My Skin"...lyrics by Cole Porter and arranged by Nelson Riddle. Simply superb! In fact probably my favourite song of all time.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, "A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra" is one of my top two or three Christmas albums. All of his stuff is good, but his work with Riddle was something special...

Just now, chunky said:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, "A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra" is one of my top two or three Christmas albums. All of his stuff is good, but his work with Riddle was something special...

My other half used to work at Virgin Atlantic and had the chance to see Sinatra in concert but was too tired after a long shift. If only...

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

My other half used to work at Virgin Atlantic and had the chance to see Sinatra in concert but was too tired after a long shift. If only...

Damn! How could you turn that down?

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Damn! How could you turn that down?

It's before I knew her but I never allow her to forget it!

My favorite is "Lonely this Christmas"

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

My favorite is "Lonely this Christmas"

One of my hobbies is going through YouTube, finding all the "Lonely this Christmas" videos that claim to be Elvis singing, and correcting them!

• Haha 1

Best - Greg Lake - I Believe In Father Christmas B)

Worst - Cliff Richard - Mistletoe & Wine :(

• Like 3

Crikeys just suffered  " Santa claus is coming to town" by Bruce Springsteen :( 

Awful just awful 

2 hours ago, Badge said:

Crikeys just suffered  " Santa claus is coming to town" by Bruce Springsteen :( 

Awful just awful 

Try the Nat King Cole version...much better.

18 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Try the Nat King Cole version...much better.

If I'm honest I prefer the Crystal's version 

Best - Step Into Christmas

Worst - All I Want For Christmas Is You

I used to hate that Pogues/Kirsty MacColl song, until my son and a dear friend (now no longer with us) performed it at a Xmas concert ........ Now it just brings back happy memories.

My fave Christmas song though, is this not very politically correct one .......... 

Got tickets last week for Kevin Wilson at Brum Town Hall - Nov 2021. Something to look forward to (at last :D). Hadn't better mention what name his daughter tours as!!!

• Haha 1