Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Maradona

Recommended Posts

Report coming from Argentina is the great man is dead !!!

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Report coming from Argentina is the great man is dead !!!

Not a great man but a great footballer. Drug taking cheat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Tim G said:

Not a great man but a great footballer. Drug taking cheat.

Yes,you are right. Poorly worded on my part

Share this post


Link to post

Sad news but I guess it was inevitable that it would happen sooner rather than later given his lifestyle. Coincidentally George Best also died on this date

RIP 

Share this post


Link to post

Watched a documentary about him recently and in no way defending him but the pressures on him from outside influences was insane. No wonder he fell from grace really. Fantastic footballer tho

Share this post


Link to post

Obviously will always be associated with the goal he 'scored' against England but made up for it with a briiliant solo effort. Was a great talent all the same.

RIP.

 

Edited by steve roberts

Share this post


Link to post

And as a result Madonna is trending on twitter. Doh!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, bruno said:

Watched a documentary about him recently and in no way defending him but the pressures on him from outside influences was insane. No wonder he fell from grace really. 

It has to be down to his character though, doesn’t it?

Pele, Muller, Cruyff, Platini, Socrates, Rossi, Beckham, Zidane, Figo, Iniesta, Raul, Ronaldo and Messi have all behaved impeccably or well.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

First time I saw him play was for Argentina at Wembley in (I think) 1979. Two runs he had that day were like nothing I'd seen before. An outrageous talent who changed his game after being kicked to bits at Barca. 

The 1986 World Cup is synoynmous with him - mainly for the great play , but also for that handball.

rip

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Cheat and druggie, a nice guy to some, an ar** to others.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It has to be down to his character though, doesn’t it?

Pele, Muller, Cruyff, Platini, Socrates, Rossi, Beckham, Zidane, Figo, Iniesta, Raul, Ronaldo and Messi have all behaved impeccably or well.

 

Maybe, but Italian mafia was involved as well. Would take a strong character to stand up to it. Although I agree some would have. Needs to be a flaw there to start I suppose

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, steve roberts said:

Is this genuine?

Unlikely..fantastic player.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy