Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Seymour Dix

Railway pic

Recommended Posts

Here’s a little brain teaser as light relief from snotty kids and celebrity culture :
 

When did Pluto ride on the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway ?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Here’s a little brain teaser as light relief from snotty kids and celebrity culture :
 

When did Pluto ride on the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway ?

I know that Laurel & Hardy did if that helps...probably not!

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Here’s a little brain teaser as light relief from snotty kids and celebrity culture :
 

When did Pluto ride on the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway ?

Was the railway used as part of the effort to supply Allied troops in Normandy after D-Day in 1944? Did the railway transport parts for PLUTO -- Pipe Line Under The Ocean?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Was the railway used as part of the effort to supply Allied troops in Normandy after D-Day in 1944? Did the railway transport parts for PLUTO -- Pipe Line Under The Ocean?

Yes ! Well done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Was the railway used as part of the effort to supply Allied troops in Normandy after D-Day in 1944? Did the railway transport parts for PLUTO -- Pipe Line Under The Ocean?

Of course, he says, should have known that! I saw eveidence of the PLUTO line running thru' Shanklin gorge on one of my visits to the IOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

If anyone is interested there is a program on Channel 5 Friday evening  about great senic Scottish Railway journeys,  should be worth a watch 

Edited by Seymour Dix

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Seymour Dix said:

If anyone is interested there is a program on Channel 5 about great senic Scottish Railway journeys,  should be worth a watch 

...thanks for reminding me. Travelled on that route many times!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy