Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think it will just be bibs going forward into this year Steve... personally I now like team suits... I didnt at first but they have grown on me over the years and especially if you get one with a smart design on... also certain colours I feel lend themselves more to a team suit... That Red Glasgow use in their team suits always seems to look smart and tidy and to me produces a professional looking seven... however there are just as many folk out there who prefer a bit of individuality... what's your preference?

Regards 

THJ 

Same as you really.  Wasn't a fan at first, but gradually got used to them, like most things I guess.  You get used to spotting riders by bike covers instead of kevlars.  I mean, it's supposed to be (in general) a team sport, although maybe these days with all the guests flying around, maybe not!

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diamonds loss is Redcars gain.

Personally I’m going to miss Roy, who knew more about the sport than most on here and added a little to the more dreary matches we have to suffer. Whilst he wasn’t every body’s cup of tea, he did a decent job and I never thought him biased at all, not even to us !

The bigger concern is the sacking of Jonathan Swales who worked wonders in a short space of time to get our track anywhere near raceable. We are now confronted with double headers , starting much earlier with a Trackman who’s previous track had to ‘ rescued ‘ by Redcars ‘Terry the Track’ after it got so bad. Let’s hope he doesn’t get confronted with a flooded track , as Swales often did, and now have less time to rescue it as finding free dates for double headers will be awkward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Diamonds loss is Redcars gain.

Personally I’m going to miss Roy, who knew more about the sport than most on here and added a little to the more dreary matches we have to suffer. Whilst he wasn’t every body’s cup of tea, he did a decent job and I never thought him biased at all, not even to us !

The bigger concern is the sacking of Jonathan Swales who worked wonders in a short space of time to get our track anywhere near raceable. We are now confronted with double headers , starting much earlier with a Trackman who’s previous track had to ‘ rescued ‘ by Redcars ‘Terry the Track’ after it got so bad. Let’s hope he doesn’t get confronted with a flooded track , as Swales often did, and now have less time to rescue it as finding free dates for double headers will be awkward.

I liked Roy Clarke when he came to Berwick for the season. He knows a hell of a lot about the sport, tried to keep the crowd entertained by interacting with the fans and got to know a lot of the locals. I would hire him any day.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think it will just be bibs going forward into this year Steve... personally I now like team suits... I didnt at first but they have grown on me over the years and especially if you get one with a smart design on... also certain colours I feel lend themselves more to a team suit... That Red Glasgow use in their team suits always seems to look smart and tidy and to me produces a professional looking seven... however there are just as many folk out there who prefer a bit of individuality... what's your preference?

Regards 

THJ 

I like team suits, but don't like matching bike covers, like at Kings Lynn, makes it difficult to identify the riders especially if changes are made in a race and not announced so you have to wait until you see the number on their suits,  which for us oldies can be a challenge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

I like team suits, but don't like matching bike covers, like at Kings Lynn, makes it difficult to identify the riders especially if changes are made in a race and not announced so you have to wait until you see the number on their suits,  which for us oldies can be a challenge.

I'm kind of with you, team suits are ok but NOT bike covers... Mind you I am not bothered either way, I'll happily watch my team if they've all got different suits on

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the Newcastle admission been confirmed as £20 for all the double headers? Tried to check the website but other than the value there appears to be a whole heap of disturbing Latin beneath it?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Has the Newcastle admission been confirmed as £20 for all the double headers? Tried to check the website but other than the value there appears to be a whole heap of disturbing Latin beneath it?

Quite surprised at your comment. It states quite easily that the price is £20 for double headers, what and how many meetings are added, and also an explanation of the reasons why they have increased the price by the £3.   What is the age of your computer, especially as it's in Latin. :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Has the Newcastle admission been confirmed as £20 for all the double headers? Tried to check the website but other than the value there appears to be a whole heap of disturbing Latin beneath it?

It's not Latin, a think its Lorem Ipsum, looks similar tho. :t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when the tickets for the 90th/any other league fixtures will be out? And how many are likely to be let into the stadium each week. Thanks.

Also, how is it going to work, will all the tickets come out at once, or will they be available a couple weeks in advance as the season progresses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Does anyone know when the tickets for the 90th/any other league fixtures will be out? And how many are likely to be let into the stadium each week. Thanks.

Also, how is it going to work, will all the tickets come out at once, or will they be available a couple weeks in advance as the season progresses.

The tickets for the 90th Anniversary meeting will go on sale via the club site, in order to monitor the numbers in case of restrictions. One wold imagine that weekly tickets will come on stream a short period before its date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The tickets for the 90th Anniversary meeting will go on sale via the club site, in order to monitor the numbers in case of restrictions. One wold imagine that weekly tickets will come on stream a short period before its date.

Hi Dave will you still be going every week? Are you still involved in anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trackerman48 said:

Hi Dave will you still be going every week? Are you still involved in anyway?

Yes I'll be there. Steve Pate looks after the juniors now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The tickets for the 90th Anniversary meeting will go on sale via the club site, in order to monitor the numbers in case of restrictions. One wold imagine that weekly tickets will come on stream a short period before its date.

So we can expect the 90th tickets to go on sale sometime early May? And the next weeks tickets to go on the Monday before the meeting takes place or something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

And how many are likely to be let into the stadium each week. Thanks.

 

On 2/22/2021 at 6:43 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So here's the rub... Brough Park can officially hold 1200 souls and that should mean 600 fans will be allowed in from the 17th of May 2021 (quick quiz... any guesses on the importance of that date)

Anyhoo here is the main question... Who would be prepared to pay a premium to see their Speedway once the stadium opens and be 1 of the 600... this is due to the fact that there will potentially be more people wanting to watch than can be allowed in...

Also how would we accommodate any away fans... big dilemma... or do we wait until Boris and his "data not dates" confirms that  we can allow the full compliment of 1200 fans in..

Also what premium if any would anyone be prepared to pay to get a bit of normality...

Regards 

THJ 

 

That might help,,, TDJ usually isn't too far off the scent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

 

That might help,,, TDJ usually isn't too far off the scent.

Cheers Ruff :t:

Wonder what the average crowd at Brough is on a normal week? And wonder if there'll be a no to away fans until the situation gets better, although how will anyone know who is home and who is away???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy