British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, soupy said:

Let  us hope everyone thinks along them lines as well as we build to the future

You might be asking too much, but let's hope so.

Actually getting in to see them could be the problem for the majority of people in the beginning 

For the future of speedway at Newcastle I can understand the logic taken, flying Mr vissing from Europe in covid times would not be cheap or easy, the team does not look strong, so as a far away fan, I wonder how many of the locals would support a possible struggling team, where in the past they like to see a winning team ? 

As a floating supporter from out west the new start time suits me, but the possibility of buying tickets in advance will be a problem for traveling fans with possible changes in weather forecasts. Good luck to rob I hope your luck turns into good fortune

Plaudits for the transparent comms from the Management.

This could be the best worst starting VII ever.  Plenty of potential for six of the seven to increase their starting averages. I reckon the top six will all average 6 to 7.  Maybe the odd penultimate heat decider at home and just don't check CEEFAX for the aways.

Does Vissing fit for Scunthorpe?? ;) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, enotian said:

Does Vissing fit for Scunthorpe?? ;) 

No,,, but it depends on whose doing the adding up. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hats off to Rob. I can think of many promoters who would have thrown the towel in! I will certainly be there to support whatever team comes to tapes, he deserves all the support he can get. How about a fans team sponsorship? anyone can contribute wahatever they can comfortably afford, whether It's £5 or £50  a head, anonymously if you like. I'm sure someone in the promotion or supporters club could oversee it. I for one would be happy to contribute. Regarding the strength of the team, who cares! we are talking about the survival of our team, not the number of trophies in the cabinet at the end of this crazy season.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, enotian said:

Plaudits for the transparent comms from the Management.

This could be the best worst starting VII ever.  Plenty of potential for six of the seven to increase their starting averages. I reckon the top six will all average 6 to 7. 

I think you're being very optimistic about the top 6!

• Like 1

With the new team it now means Max Clegg is a Championship heat leader, while still in the NL!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

With the new team it now means Max Clegg is a Championship heat leader, while still in the NL!

Its either allowed under the 'Catch A Falling Star' programme or his middle name is Josh and has a motel group named after him!

More seriously the Newcastle promotion look to be fighting battles that if the team tries just as hard then the rewards will come. :drink:

I’ll take a single home win all season as long as it’s Redcar:D

21 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I’ll take a single home win all season as long as it’s Redcar:D

More chance of that than flying to the moon. Lol

3 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

More chance of that than flying to the moon. Lol

Agree. ;)

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think you're being very optimistic about the top 6!

why's that?  two already do, two previously have and two are improving.  in a weakened league. granted they'll probably not take any points off the opposition top two but that's not much different from 2019. I'd accept being optimistic but with some justification.  

• Like 1

Is this team worse than the one that started 2004? Think Newcastle finished bottom that year (I think).

Have to say Newcastle Speedway over last 18 months has had more twists and plot changes than any Vera episode

Without doubt looks a weak team on paper, but that makes it all the more satisfying when wins come along, and I would suggest there will be some very enjoyable heats (if not matches)

I do applauded Rob Grant though for his efforts and principles, it's obvious he has had more than his fair share of bad luck, but he has stated honestly his intent to provide speedway at a level he can sustain and then hopefully move forward in future years. 

Should Newcastle lose a number of home matches on the bounce I would really hope supporters stick behind Rob and the team, in this current environment It's all about survival and building for a brighter future.

• Like 8