British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Diamondboy said:

I understand fully what you say but all I was wanting was any releases made on the website or twitter or Facebook to be posted on here under an official account. They don’t need to reply to anything.

NSSC do that on behalf of the club; but it will be after the the other medium first and Steve Park usually posts the release in full or sticks a link onto it...

Regards
THJ

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

NSSC do that on behalf of the club; but it will be after the the other medium first and Steve Park usually posts the release in full or sticks a link onto it...

Regards
THJ

Not exactly a professional way of doing things considering how easy it is to do. Mind it would appear every other club is the same.. they need some young blood to take over the PR, they are the tech savvy ones after all.

17 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Not exactly a professional way of doing things considering how easy it is to do. Mind it would appear every other club is the same.. they need some young blood to take over the PR, they are the tech savvy ones after all.

But will the tech savvy ones get work done that's needed?,,, ye don't get blisters on ya fingers playing on the internet, or do ye? ;)

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

It is and I think it is actually the NSSG (Newcastle Speedway Supporters Group) who do the press releases for the Diamonds who are the "Young Blood" that's why Bookface Twatter TokTic WhatsUP and al them other "young guns" things get preference before the old farts forum on here... Maybe you should log into them other things and you will get the news from the NSSG first hand hot off the press...

However not for me and I will wait for the piece of paper going on the notice board

Regards
THJ

Oh hello quick edit

Speaking of old farts;
Alreet Ruff how ya doin...

What gives your fingers the blisters these days?

image.gif

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Oh hello quick edit

Speaking of old farts;
Alreet Ruff how ya doin...

What gives your fingers the blisters these days?

image.gif

Not much, apart from all that hand sanitizer cracking all the skin on me hands, but a suppose it's a good excuse not to put me hands in me pockets too often. ;)

• Haha 1

As someone who runs socials for another club, this forum doesn't really offer a great reach in comparison to say Facebook or Twitter. I don't see how Steve posting the info is any different to the management doing so.

We often post to socials whilst on the move too, using one app to do the lot to make things quick and easy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

As someone who runs socials for another club, this forum doesn't really offer a great reach in comparison to say Facebook or Twitter. I don't see how Steve posting the info is any different to the management doing so.

We often post to socials whilst on the move too, using one app to do the lot to make things quick and easy. 

Try telling old folk that. ;)

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

It makes it more professional, it’s called PR, I don’t do Facebook I don’t do Twitter, I am not alone in that regard. If they can post on other outlets then they can post on here, simple really.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

It makes it more professional, it’s called PR, I don’t do Facebook I don’t do Twitter, I am not alone in that regard. If they can post on other outlets then they can post on here, simple really.

Maybe the forum is full of idiots, unlike Facebook or Twitter?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe the forum is full of idiots, unlike Facebook or Twitter?

Ha, I think all forms of social media have idiots, just look at the idiot on here who copies and pastes fake crap from other idiots and pastes them in the Covid and other threads ;) All I ask for is a copy of the website/twitter/Facebook release put on here. The club has no need to reply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

I'd say the professional approach would be the website, which nearly all clubs do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I'd say the professional approach would be the website, which nearly all clubs do.

No the professional approach is embrace ALL media. It’s free advertising.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Websites seem to be turning into an old fashioned thing these days - most look awful compared to years ago (i am talking about all websites in general, not just speedway ones). 

12 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Ha, I think all forms of social media have idiots, just look at the idiot on here who copies and pastes fake crap from other idiots and pastes them in the Covid and other threads ;) All I ask for is a copy of the website/twitter/Facebook release put on here. The club has no need to reply.

Surely, reading the press releases on the website is as easy as reading them on the forum.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

It's only fake crap if you don't believe it, there's lots of it about. ;)

• Like 1