British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, semion said:

John Tudor was a busy boy.  Finding the onion bag at the Gallowgate end and running a crisps factory.:D

Hallelujah John Tudor...... 

5 hours ago, semion said:

To wash down ya Tudor Crisps.?  Canny bag them.

Beef flavoured KP were the ones as the extra salty taste made you more THIRSTY

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Beef flavoured KP were the ones as the extra salty taste made you more THIRSTY

As if you needed an excuse. ;)

That's why, in the olden days the boozers only sold ready salted or salt n vinegar crisps or peanuts. Cos it made you drink more, they knew the score. Am pretty sure the 'West House' used to have an old salt-lick outside, for folk waiting for opening up, lol.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, semion said:

To wash down ya Tudor Crisps.?  Canny bag them.

6 hours ago, semion said:

John Tudor was a busy boy.  Finding the onion bag at the Gallowgate end and running a crisps factory.:D

5 hours ago, StevePark said:

Hallelujah John Tudor... John Tudor... Hallelujah John Tudor... John Tudor...

4 hours ago, topaz325 said:

For Tudor ill climb a mountain.

Ad climb a Moon-Tin for a bag of Tudor and I did as I delivered the papers to two blocks of flats and had to go to the top floor in the lift then walking all the way down... so the lift did work just you weren't allowed to hog it by leaving your bag in the lift door and nipping out to put the papers in on each floor because the workers were coming home for there tea and woe betide any paperboy who delayed the lift...

On John Tudor a pal and me went to see Jaws at the ABC Haymarket around 11 in the morning for the first showing and came out about 10 at night after watching the film 3 times with all the Pearl and Dean adverts and the B movie included and at the close we headed off to the little chip shop along the street past the Haymarket pub which most Geordies will remember this chippy for having the chicken's on the rotisserie in the window... anyway we buy our supper and my mate Raymond (The Skull) Wilson gets sausage and chips and we walk into the next shop doorway to eat our feast... Well Raymond takes his first bite out of his battered sausage and immediately thrusts his arm out horizontal using said sausage as a pointer and shouted "John Tudor" to which John Tudor replied "alright lads" as he ducked to miss the offending sausage only inches from his eye and the lady he was with thought this was hilarious. He stopped turned and said had we been to the pictures and we said yes; he asked if we had enjoyed it and again yes came back; he the said were we not scared; no was he; and he said no but his lady friend had been and he asked if we were looking forward to the new season and asked if we were both Newcastle fans; he must have chatted to us for 5 or 6 minutes and for two young kids who were Newcastle daft it finished of a fantastic day/night...

Don't think he done much that following season 75/76 at Newcastle and Gordon Lee (The Bar-Steward) got rid of him (and Super Mac) not long after that; but what was great was a guy who was an absolute superstar to us kids took the time to actually have a chat; not sure if any of the prima-donnas in football now would do such a thing; and I have always wondered if it ever made his memoirs or autobiography about the night he went to the pictures and nearly lost an eye to a battered sausage...

This was not the only thing that made the day/night memorable as a surreptitious romantic liaison for the first time ever in the back row of the picture house also would have went down in the diary... if I had a diary that is... but we wont go into that one on here.... giggidy giggidy...

Happy days...

Regards
THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 3:18 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Too much negativity around these days.  ;)

Realism. Doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy the racing. I’m a heat sponsor and I’ll be there every week no matter what the results.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

As if you needed an excuse. ;)

That's why, in the olden days the boozers only sold ready salted or salt n vinegar crisps or peanuts. Cos it made you drink more, they knew the score. Am pretty sure the 'West House' used to have an old salt-lick outside, for folk waiting for opening up, lol.

You know  me to well

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error

On 5/10/2021 at 11:41 PM, acclennell said:

After recently announcing how much I am looking forward to the season with my new season ticket, I have just found out after an appointment with my Consultant that my health issues have forced the issue of further surgary in the very near future, which will make it imp[ossible for me to attend for the majority of the season. As such, and to say I'm gutted is an understatement (I had bought new Diamond polo shirts/jacket for the new season) I am looking if possible to sell my ticket for the forthcoming season (including the ticket from the first meeting of the season, which I have already booked via the ticket online system). If anyone is interested please PM me and the price I am looking for due to the short notice and to benefit another supporter is £150 for an adult season ticket. On agreement, I will contact the management and inform them the circumstances and request that the amend the details of the season ticket holder to the person who wants to purchase. I'd rather have a supporter who wants to attend than basically throwing it into the bin as I have no other firends or family who would attend.   

All sorted and ticket thankfully has been bought up by a good supporter of the club. Thanks to justgotmecpc for helping me out and the brilliant way he helped in sorting my situation. Lovely guy to meet and a great speedway supporter. Also thanks to the Diamonds club speedway administration for understanding my prediciment and assisting in updating their records concerning the season ticket in question. Hopefully I can get to see some speedway maybe at the back end of this season and if not then hopefully next season. Good luck to Rob and the lads for the season head.

Edited by acclennell
  • Like 4

On 5/16/2021 at 9:52 PM, acclennell said:

All sorted and ticket thankfully has been bought up by a good supporter of the club. Thanks to justgotmecpc for helping me out and the brilliant way he helped in sorting my situation. Lovely guy to meet and a great speedway supporter. Also thanks to the Diamonds club speedway administration for understanding my prediciment and assisting in updating their records concerning the season ticket in question. Hopefully I can get to see some speedway maybe at the back end of this season and if not then hopefully next season. Good luck to Rob and the lads for the season head.

Not a problem mate once your sorted with your health & fancy a trip to watch the diamonds you have my number & I'll gladly pick you up & drop you back home nee worries.. take care mate

• Like 1