Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Sheffield 

Apologies, but are you getting confused with Georgie Wood?

Ignore my ramblings Richard - just seen he rode for them 15 times in 2013 with an ave of 2.4

Welcome back Jake!

Edited by mmmmethanol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot find any average for Jake other than NL so he will presumably make a good 'No 8'  for the eagles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Sheffield 

Remember that now... a reserve with damien koppe I believe... must have been around longer than I remember

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Apologies, but are you getting confused with Georgie Wood?

Ignore my ramblings Richard - just seen he rode for them 15 times in 2013 with an ave of 2.4

Welcome back Jake!

I couldn't remember which year but I am also a King's Lynn fan, so have followed Jake's career even though I live south of the Thames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

Apologies, but are you getting confused with Georgie Wood?

Ignore my ramblings Richard - just seen he rode for them 15 times in 2013 with an ave of 2.4

Welcome back Jake!

I didn’t realise Knight was so ‘bad’ at second tier level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I didn’t realise Knight was so ‘bad’ at second tier level. 

It was 8 years ago though to be fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I didn’t realise Knight was so ‘bad’ at second tier level. 

 

12 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

It was 8 years ago though to be fair

Also 8 years ago the second tier level was probably as high as the Premiership will be this year, maybe even higher.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gazzac said:

 

Also 8 years ago the second tier level was probably as high as the Premiership will be this year, maybe even higher.

Other starting 3 pointers that season included Jacobs, Blackbird, Kerr, Ellis, Nielsen, Morris and Bates so strong reserves although there seems no reason why Knight couldn't have achieved the similar levels as those listed have achieved? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Other starting 3 pointers that season included Jacobs, Blackbird, Kerr, Ellis, Nielsen, Morris and Bates so strong reserves although there seems no reason why Knight couldn't have achieved the similar levels as those listed have achieved? 

Perhaps money. 

One thing we do know is that Jake Knight will bring dash, excitement to the Seagulls NDL outfit. His big advantage over most is that he entertains -- sadly, he sometimes falls off but that is probably the price to pay. I saw him at Plymouth last September and wow, wow, wow - breathtaking (perhaps even frightening to watch). 

What Jake Knight understands is that speedway is in the entertainment business. And good for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TwoFourSpeed said:

Best news ever! Great to have him back at Arlington. They will have to put a bit more shale on to hold him up. 

I take it when Drew is on international duty (like the European U19s), they can use Jake in the Championship team also as a guest as a replacement?

 

8 hours ago, gazzac said:

I was thinking that if the rules allow .

Jake fits the criteria for a grade 2 "rising star" so should be able to cover either reserve during the season!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

 

Jake fits the criteria for a grade 2 "rising star" so should be able to cover either reserve during the season!

Will he now get invited onto the list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Will he now get invited onto the list?

He should be otherwise we have a closed shop and that cannot be the intention of bspl with this scheme 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon Adam Extance on a 5.67 ave wouldn't be a bad signing for the Seagulls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I reckon Adam Extance on a 5.67 ave wouldn't be a bad signing for the Seagulls!

Didn't Eastbourne try extance before but let him go before the season started due to his knee problems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy