British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Return of "Frasier"

It's been reported that "Frasier" may return after a gap of twenty years? Personally, together with MASH, I think that it's the best American sitcom of all time but whether it would work without the late John Mahoney (Martin Crane) or indeed without some of the other main leads I'm not sure of its success. I still watch many of the shows on DVD and still laugh at the pomposity of the two brothers in particular. However I did feel it lost its way somewhat when Niles married Daphne.

• Like 4

It was great, but it had run its course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

It's been reported that "Frasier" may return after a gap of twenty years? Personally, together with MASH, I think that it's the best American sitcom of all time but whether it would work without the late John Mahoney (Martin Crane) or indeed without some of the other main leads I'm not sure of its success. I still watch many of the shows on DVD and still laugh at the pomposity of the two brothers in particular. However I did feel it lost its way somewhat when Niles married Daphne.

Agree with all of that Steve.  Personally, I think it's best left alone as I doubt very much it will be a match for the previous incarnation.  

• Like 2

Happy to give it ago.

Far better than the rubbish produced in this country, with the odd exception.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Happy to give it ago.

Far better than the rubbish produced in this country, with the odd exception.

Far better than the rubbish that's been on C4 the last 2 days!

Seriously I loved the show. Yes it ran it's course but if Will & Grace can have a  revival then please don't ruin Fraiser!

Won't be the same without Martin & Eddy!

• Like 1

One of the best comedy shows on tv,  still watch the repeats, hope they do not mess it up though.

• Like 3

My favourite comedy,still quote lines from it virtually every day....:D:D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topaz325 said:

One of the best comedy shows on tv,  still watch the repeats, hope they do not mess it up though.

Good point.

Every time England play now they mess up the memory of 1966.  :D

Happy to give it a go, but I always preferred Niles to Frasier, in terms of the comedy factor. That said, Eddie usually upstaged them all.

• Like 1

Bbc started showing repeats of the fall and rise of Reginald Perrin 

Great

• Like 2

I didn't get where I am today watching repeats of Reggie Perrin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2