British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ian St John RIP

Grew up watching Saint and Greavsie when there was little other football on the telly, always a great watch with Saturday lunch. They bounced off each other perfectly. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

In retrospect it probably was fairly low budget and cheesy, but required viewing before heading out to football on a Saturday afternoon! Both were actually articulate though, unlike the inane banter that prevails on pre-match shows nowadays. 

Agree entirely...today's so-called experts take themselves far too seriously and pontificate by over analysing to the point of being boring. Another reason I don't bother watching football on TV nowadays!

Edited by steve roberts

14 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

336 games 96 goals   1961/71 a great record  always felt St John, Hunt, Callaghan, Hall, Lindsay never really got the FULL regonition they deserved.

Roger Hunt was a vital member of the 66 World Cup winning side.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Roger Hunt was a vital member of the 66 World Cup winning side.

Great player mate never see him play but for me was like Allen 60s winger a great player for Spurs??For me in my lifetime the best three players  i  have have ever  seen.   are       1/ BEST---    2/PELE,   3/ CRUYff

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Great player mate never see him play but for me was like Allen 60s winger a great player for Spurs??For me in my lifetime the best three players  i  have have ever  seen.   are       1/ BEST---    2/PELE,   3/ CRUYff

No Rogers:o:D For me Pele, Maradona, Cruyff.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1