British Speedway Forum
W9 Lion

Championship League Predictions

24 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Glasgow to finish bottom as I don’t like them. :D

That’s a given , would be concerned if you didn’t say this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As everyone knows injuries will play a key part as will signing riders that may become available particularly when averages change. Does anyone know what happens to 'rising stars', are they protected? How does the situation at Leicester work when they have 2 new rising stars and one old rising star - the Thompson twins and Bates :rofl: . Could two of then be replaced by non rising stars as long as one remains and if so what are the chances that changes will be made?

1, Leicester

2, Poole

3, Eastbourne

4, Redcar

5, Edinburgh

6, Glasgow

7, Berwick

8, Plymouth

9, Scunthorpe

10, Kent

11, Birmingham

12, Newcastle

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phillipsr said:

People picking up the Glasgow comment but no one has yet commented the worse part of this post which is Josh Auty is a number 1.. he isn't and if he’s forced to be he will be the weakest in the league, 

The whole Scunthorpe sentence is wrong as IF we find a top rider as our heat leader then Aarnio & Jorgensen will be our other heat leaders. Pijper & our other rider could be 2nd strings but if our 7th rider has a lower average than Lambert then our trump card is lost.

Auty is never a no1 but is very good at the EWR but is wasted in heat 1 as the tracks have not evolved, often coming in 3rd or last.

1 Eastbourne

2 Leicester 

3 Redcar

4 Poole

5 Glasgow 

6 Edinburgh 

7 Scunthorpe 

8 Berwick

9 Kent

10 Birmingham 

11 Newcastle 

12 Plymouth 

Not to break the annual prediction it therefore is the same as last year and the year before.

1. Glasgow 

12. Edinburgh 

And before anyone from further along the M8  makes the point 

I have never got this correct yet.

• Haha 6

Some fantastic predictions here, particularly as 3 or 4 clubs have yet to actually sign a full team.
Can some one predict the lottery numbers please?

Its a nailed on prediction that someone predicts that its to early for predictors to predict what their predictions are...

• Haha 4

Don’t no where we will finish but it won’t be last,I’d take 11th as Long as Scunthorpe are below us,old wounds have still not healed.

Just now, Mike0310 said:

Don’t no where we will finish but it won’t be last,I’d take 11th as Long as Scunthorpe are below us,old wounds have still not healed.

Plymouth hopefully won't be last Mike, but we're already on a winner in my eyes, we have been accepted into the championship and we will be the box office team in the league with every club benefiting from signings the club have made. Also season ticket sales are going well apparently :D

That’s why I got 3 mate I think there are a lot of jealous people around and deep down I think they would all give there right arms to have either crump or pedersen in there team and we have both,I can’t wait reference where we finish in the league this season what will be will be but looking at all the teams so far I no which one I’d want to watch each week.

• Like 1

A new league for Poole here goes,having a quick look at the teams I'm going for 

1 Leicester-Such a strong top 5 can't see past them.

2.Eastbourne-A very experienced top 5 in this league only newer rider is Brennan and he is going to be a class rider and solid reserves.

3.Poole-Probably the best top 3 in league but question marks over cook and keleher,Hume and Nielsen all for very different reasons if Nielsen can get back to his sunny form and both Aussies can hit 5.00 averages then will be a test for Leicester and the budgies.

4.Redcar-very good top end middle order and reserves just need a good signing to fill last spot and should comfortably make play offs imo.

5.Glasgow- solid side with plenty of scoring power at top end and a decent reserve don't think itl be enough in the end though.

6.Edinburgh-very good heatleaders but not quite enough in the lower end of team.

7.Berwick-solid team again experienced at this level but will lack heat winners.

8.Scunthorpe- again a solid team but lacking heat winners away especially

9.Kent-not a great team in any department tbh a season of struggle.

10.Birmingham- lack heat winners apart from bomber,only saving grace is they probably have one of the better reserves in Castagna which could save them in some meetings.

11.Plymouth- As much as they have arguably the best top 2 in the league the rest of the team will struggle especially away with tracks they've never seen before.

12.Newcastle  - just can't see much hope for them,all hinges on roynon and Wright kicking on to 6.00averages to give them a chance of getting up the table.

Edited by Paddy The Rebel
Spelling
  • Like 3

Not to fussed on where the diamonds finish hopefully not bottom & all riders provide entertainment as it can't be as bad as NUFC 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Not to fussed on where the diamonds finish hopefully not bottom & all riders provide entertainment as it can't be as bad as NUFC 

And they paid Sheffield Wednesday £6.5M to get Steve Bruce and his backroom team!

16 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

That’s why I got 3 mate I think there are a lot of jealous people around and deep down I think they would all give there right arms to have either crump or pedersen in there team and we have both,I can’t wait reference where we finish in the league this season what will be will be but looking at all the teams so far I no which one I’d want to watch each week.

pederson was not much use to Leicester when he was there!